Sign in to follow this  
J1M1

Champions Trophy

The BCCI think they own world cricket.........ag shame!

The Big Three is dead‚ the Big One rudely alive‚ and one of the Big Brothers still kicking............

Those‚ essentially‚ are the most important aspects of what the International Cricket Council (ICC) accomplished in five days of board and committee meetings in Dubai this week.

But there could yet be a sting in this tale‚ what with calls for India to boycott the Champions Trophy in retaliation - which would cost the global game many millions in lost revenue.

In 2014 India‚ England and Australia hijacked world cricket financially‚ cajoling and conjuring agreement to secure for themselves most of the international game’s earnings from the sale of rights.

And why not‚ some said - between them those three countries earned most of that money. But the Small Seven‚ after they had been cowed into collusion‚ cried foul.

Matters came to a head at this week’s meetings. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) arrived in the boardroom wanting US$570-million from the 2016 to 2023 rights cycle.

Instead‚ they will get US$293-million. Or US$277-million less than what they had demanded. Consequently‚ perhaps‚ the BCCI were the only board among the 10 full members to vote against the proposal to change the current financial model.

The England Cricket Board will bank US$143-million‚ and everyone else - including Cricket South Africa - US$132-million. Everyone‚ that is‚ except Zimbabwe Cricket‚ who will earn US$132-million.

“This is another step forward for world cricket and I look forward to concluding the work at the annual conference (in June)‚” ICC chairperson Shashank Manohar was quoted as saying in a statement.

“I am confident we can provide a strong foundation for the sport to grow and improve globally in the future through the adoption of the revised financial model and governance structure.”

But reports from India say some suits want Virat Kohli’s team to pull out of the Champions Trophy in England in June.

“Until (Wednesday) the idea of pulling out of the Champions Trophy wasn’t such a realistic one‚” the Times of India 
quoted a “senior cricket administrator” as saying.

“But 24 hours is a long time. Going by what happened (on Wednesday)‚ the ICC has clearly and abrasively breached the contract that it has signed with the BCCI.

“Let India not play this tournament as a protest and then let’s see how many ICC members still like the idea of going ahead with the policy changes. Someone has to call their bluff.”

The Indians‚ along with the Sri Lankans‚ also voted against a proposed new ICC constitution that would seek to increase the number of test-playing countries.

- TMG Digital/TMG Sport

Golden rule - those with the gold make the rules.

The BCCI will eventually get it's way - the revenue from inbound Indian tours prop up most boards around the world so the other cricket boards will fold. Those who could go it alone (Australia and England) are BCCI patsies. 

• Like 1

Do I hear the sound of...............choking?

imho the Proteas bowlers have forgotten their job is to take wickets, not merely contain the run-rate.

They all looked pathetic, Tahir & Morkel excluded

5 hours ago, J1M1 said:

imho the Proteas bowlers have forgotten their job is to take wickets, not merely contain the run-rate.

They all looked pathetic, Tahir & Morkel excluded

The others are just too green to defend shitty totals. We should have bowled first against Paki at least...rain on the cards and all...captaincy?

30 minutes ago, Mata Hari said:

So Indians versus Pakis. The crap IPL seems to have helped both teams in this format. 

Oh my fucking (deliberate) dear. 

Pakis (known as a deliberate racial slur in most countries) have never played in the IPL.

i cannot really explain how poor this post is on so many levels.

11 minutes ago, taipan said:

Oh my fucking (deliberate) dear. 

Pakis (known as a deliberate racial slur in most countries) have never played in the IPL.

i cannot really explain how poor this post is on so many levels.

Pakistan have their own Premier /super League that's what i was referring to. IPL is the incorrect term i was referring to their PSL. Do forgive me for being so stupid i now withdraw from any future comments

Edited by Mata Hari

4 minutes ago, Mata Hari said:

Pakistan have their own Premier /super League that's what i was referring to. IPL is the incorrect term i was referring to their PSL. Do forgive me for being so stupid i now withdraw from any future comments

Cool you explained the cricket screw up but...

Paki

A racist term that is often applied to people of Pakistani or South Asian descent. Its origins are commonly traced back to about 30 years ago, when British hooligans used the term Paki-bashing to refer to the gang beating of ethnic minorities.

Today, it is commonly used by ethnocentric and insensitive white people who either:

a) cannot tolerate 3rd world immigration even though their forefathers colonized the shit out of Asia, Africa and the Americas; 
b) want to make fun of immigrants who have left their homelands to seek a better living in the country that prospered from fucking up and stealing resources from said homelands; 
c) are too stupid to realize that many immigrants do the menial jobs they themselves would hate to do;

Paki is also sometimes used by mistake as a short form of Pakistani. Even this is frowned upon though, as it is an indicator of a person's ignorance towards people of different cultures and nations. The most famous example of this "accidental" usage may be in a remark George W. Bush made in 2002 when asked about the nuclear rivalry between Pakistan and India.

Don't be fooled by the narrow-minded xenophobes who have attempted to explain this term - calling a brown person a Paki is just as derogatory as calling a black person a nigger.

9 hours ago, DbDraad said:

The others are just too green to defend shitty totals. We should have bowled first against Paki at least...rain on the cards and all...captaincy?

"Coaching"?????

11 hours ago, taipan said:

Cool you explained the cricket screw up but...

Paki

A racist term that is often applied to people of Pakistani or South Asian descent. Its origins are commonly traced back to about 30 years ago, when British hooligans used the term Paki-bashing to refer to the gang beating of ethnic minorities.

Today, it is commonly used by ethnocentric and insensitive white people who either:

a) cannot tolerate 3rd world immigration even though their forefathers colonized the shit out of Asia, Africa and the Americas; 
b) want to make fun of immigrants who have left their homelands to seek a better living in the country that prospered from fucking up and stealing resources from said homelands; 
c) are too stupid to realize that many immigrants do the menial jobs they themselves would hate to do;

Paki is also sometimes used by mistake as a short form of Pakistani. Even this is frowned upon though, as it is an indicator of a person's ignorance towards people of different cultures and nations. The most famous example of this "accidental" usage may be in a remark George W. Bush made in 2002 when asked about the nuclear rivalry between Pakistan and India.

Don't be fooled by the narrow-minded xenophobes who have attempted to explain this term - calling a brown person a Paki is just as derogatory as calling a black person a nigger.

People outside of Britain are apparently mostly unaware that it is still seen as a slur. I must say that I'm  surprised that it's considered a slur.

32 minutes ago, DbDraad said:

People outside of Britain are apparently mostly unaware that it is still seen as a slur. I must say that I'm  surprised that it's considered a slur.

Tell that to Prince Harry. It almost caused an international incident when it came out that he called his Pakistani army buddy a Paki despite his buddy joking about it. 

36 minutes ago, DbDraad said:

Call a player a Paki on any international cricket forum and see what happens.

13 hours ago, taipan said:

The term Paki is only used here in the whitest of gatherings of friends behind closed doors

The reverse colonization is well underway looking at the crowds during the CT in the UK.

The British did hoover up a lot of resources from places they colonized but I would be interested to see what they ripped out of Pakistan.

The immigrants here from the middle east and Africa don't menial jobs apart from fronting up at Centrelink and following up on their benefits. The Indians on the other hand dont mind getting their hands dirty driving taxis and working at 24 hour convenience stores.

Edited by Docker

54 minutes ago, taipan said:

Call a player a Paki on any international cricket forum and see what happens.

I find it strange that offence is taken - it is merely a shortening of the name of the country. I take the view that if a term causes offence then best to refrain from using it around those who may be offended. 

Edited by Docker
  • Like 1

Over here, the words Boer and Dutchman are used in a derogatory way by some. Don't bother me in the slightest. Even Rockspider dint phase me. Zero fucks given about what other people generalise about me and my people.

3 minutes ago, Docker said:

I find it strange that offence is taken - it is merely a shortening of the name of the country. I take the view that if a term causes offence then best to refrain from using it around those who may be offended. 

I agree that it is logical nickname but one cannot ignore the racial connotations it has acquired over the years. 

The K word was originally a neutral term but became similarly offensive.

3 minutes ago, DbDraad said:

Over here, the words Boer and Dutchman are used in a derogatory way by some. Don't bother me in the slightest. Even Rockspider dint phase me. Zero fucks given about what other people generalise about me and my people.

Rockspider here is slang for kiddy fiddlers.

5 minutes ago, taipan said:

I agree that it is logical nickname but one cannot ignore the racial connotations it has acquired over the years. 

The K word was originally a neutral term but became similarly offensive.

The term kaffir is also used by Muslims to describe non believers (I am sure you all know that). The etymology of some words is very interesting

Edited by Docker

5 minutes ago, DbDraad said:

Ja, but you boneheads are all the same.

Similarly rooinek and soutpiel never worried me.

it is the downtrodden masses who normally take offence.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Goraan
    Newest Member
    Goraan