Sign in to follow this  
Arlecchino

June Internationals

1 hour ago, taipan said:

Actually I thought Jackson reffed the game well. The decision was referred to the TMO who called the early contact. Once the penalty try was given the yellow was mandatory in terms of the Laws.

Absolutely 100%.

Skosan deserved that try, he beat the other guy to the ball, and because the Frenchie had his eyes on the ball does not mean fair contest, only a fair contest if looking at a ball is contesting.

*** SARCASM ALERT***

Just now, in the u20 World Cup (about one minute ago) at 45 minutes into the match an England player touched the ball and the South African player then dragged him away from the ball, without the ball being in his possession... Amazingly there was no penalty or yellow card and South Africa was in fact allowed to kick the ball through?!?!?!

While I was typing this... Four minutes later an England player kicks the ball through towards the South African goal line and the South African number 9 shoves the England 11 while chasing the ball. Amazingly no penalty or yellow card or penalty try?!?!?!

It appears that they play completely different laws at under 20 level!!!!

*** SARCASM OVER ***

I knew I would get at least one example in the very next match I watched, but I never imagined I would get two examples four minutes apart... Added to that I only started watching at 42 minutes, which means I had to wait a total of 7 minutes for 2 examples.

Edited by Barnacle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

*** SARCASM ALERT***

Just now, in the u20 World Cup (about one minute ago) at 45 minutes into the match an England player touched the ball and the South African player then dragged him away from the ball, without the ball being in his possession... Amazingly there was no penalty or yellow card and South Africa was in fact allowed to kick the ball through?!?!?!

While I was typing this... Four minutes later an England player kicks the ball through towards the South African goal line and the South African number 9 shoves the England 11 while chasing the ball. Amazingly no penalty or yellow card or penalty try?!?!?!

It appears that they play completely different laws at under 20 level!!!!

*** SARCASM OVER ***

I knew I would get at least one example in the very next match I watched, but I never imagined I would get two examples four minutes apart... Added to that I only started watching at 42 minutes, which means I had to wait a total of 7 minutes for 2 examples.

Yes, there is no consistency in applying the laws of the game...at any level...too much subjectivity in the letter of the law. The laws are fine, but some re-wording is needed to take interpretation out of the equation.

Just saw now I'm not in the pool. What kind, Charlie? You never accepted my request?

13 hours ago, Stu said:

Just saw now I'm not in the pool. What kind, Charlie? You never accepted my request?

If you've still been playing along and Charlie accepts you now your results will pull through. However you aren't even showing as pending so are you sure you applied to the correct pool Stu darling...???:15_8_217:

On 6/15/2017 at 5:19 PM, supersupporter said:

Owen check out your boy, right there in the middle.Capture.PNG

Hulle moes hom in n bok trui gesit het. Die Franse sou hulself bekak.

• Like 2

LOL

Once again the new-found "gees" that this team has found was obvious. That defensive effort early in the 2nd half says it all. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stu said:

LOL

Once again the new-found "gees" that this team has found was obvious. That defensive effort early in the 2nd half says it all. 

I agree, that defense was simply sublime, The young Du Preez boy is one heck of a defender, he can still work on his ball in hand game, but we need defenders who you can rely on and I noticed anyone who ran his way was stopped and often he tries to hold them up. Very good player.

I was sorry to see Oupa injured but also slightly happy that Du Preez came on, I felt Oupa fluffed an early try by not passing.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WeDaFaKaWe said:

Franco Mostert - MoM

This oke was huge on Saturday!

Has been for the Lions for two years but AC doesn't like him.

1 hour ago, WeDaFaKaWe said:

Franco Mostert - MoM

This oke was huge on Saturday!

Franco always gives his all, that is why fans from all unions have been wanting him selected for the Boks.

I cannot even remember when the last time was that the Boks actually managed to play 2 good games in a row, I do not even recall them doing this under HM, yes we may have had 2 wins in a row, but I mean good performances.

• Like 1

In the last month it is

France - 1

South Africa - 7

The only result going for the French was a U20 draw in the pool stages of the championship. Other than that, all wins for SA sides vs french.

Jan Serfontein's line-out leap

Watching in the UK and I had a nice chuckle when Thinus Delport credited Brendon Venter for this move, I recall the Lions doing this in SR with Faf jumping...

Were the Boks that good or the French that bad?

9 minutes ago, supersupporter said:

Jan Serfontein's line-out leap

Watching in the UK and I had a nice chuckle when Thinus Delport credited Brendon Venter for this move, I recall the Lions doing this in SR with Faf jumping...

The Cheetahs did the same thing with Rhule. 

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke