Sign in to follow this  
Barnacle

To rub it in...

There is at least one SA side that can still play some decent rugby...

Our team took part in the Oktoberfest 7s last weekend in Munich. The opposition was mostly the top German clubs and a few invitational teams from Europe. The final was played in the Olympic stadium, with 20,000 spectators.

Scores from the matches:

Pool Games:
54 - 0
52 - 0

Quarter Final:
58 - 0

Semi-Final:
57 - 0

Final:
64 - 0

Total points for 285, with zero conceded.

Granted, that it was not the strongest opponents... Tuks would however probably rank above the Springbok Women's team at the moment based on our tournament performances this year.

Here is some of the highlights from some of the matches:

• Like 1

I'm only the strength & condition/fitness/skills/decision making coach... mostly the technical stuff... The head coach is the motivational supportive one. But we've been coaching together for 10 years, so either one can be there for a specific tournament. Last year the head coach was injured and not a available, so I had the team for 6 tournaments and had a 30 match winning streak locally.

Sadly with my work, I only get the opportunity to go along to Dubai in December. The rest of the time, I allow the head-coach to take all the blame/credit... Added to that I'm mostly in the hands of the courts and quite unlucky in that regard, as I usually have court cases when the team plays overseas. As an expert witness, you have no say in how others organise the court dates, so I'm a bit screwed when it comes to planning... I'm only able to plan ahead for December at this stage...

This year my programme was even worse, as my work seemed to have doubled from before...

Should however be easier next year... (I hope)

Jurie's on his way with a Bok contract...............

13 minutes ago, J1M1 said:

Jurie's on his way with a Bok contract...............

I think coaches are living in fear in SA nowadays. They are shit scared that SARU may call them up for "national service". Maybe that is why Johan Ackermann fucked off. He wanted to stay out of their clutched. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, supersupporter said:

Congrats! Is that field only about 60m or is that just depth perception?

Depth perception. Standard size fields, but the in-goal was very small. They played at an extreme tempo (what we normally ask of them). This time they listened. So it could look quite quick too.

Just to give perspective. Here is the footage from the final played in the Olympic stadium.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why do Tuks jerseys remind me of the Lions.............?

On 10/5/2017 at 7:26 PM, Barnacle said:

There is at least one SA side that can still play some decent rugby...

Our team took part in the Oktoberfest 7s last weekend in Munich. The opposition was mostly the top German clubs and a few invitational teams from Europe. The final was played in the Olympic stadium, with 20,000 spectators.

Scores from the matches:

Pool Games:
54 - 0
52 - 0

Quarter Final:
58 - 0

Semi-Final:
57 - 0

Final:
64 - 0

Total points for 285, with zero conceded.

Granted, that it was not the strongest opponents... Tuks would however probably rank above the Springbok Women's team at the moment based on our tournament performances this year.

Here is some of the highlights from some of the matches:

Well done coach I'll go watch the videos at home. Forget AC maybe you should go help JM - then the BUlls will really beat the shits out of the rest of SA :15_8_217: :bow-down-wave:

Dubai International Invitation Bronze trophy winners after beating The Royals (Basically England B) in the third place play-off. (21 - 17)

Lost a very close semi-final to Ireland B (17 - 15)

Beat Belgium, also in a close match (14 -12) Quarter final

Won all our pool matches against a combined Scandinavian team (31 - 0), Randwick Magic (Aus) (17 - 15) and the Royals (17 - 5)

In the final standings we also finished above a numbered of teams raked in the top 20

5 out of 6 games in the tournament ain't too bad...

And not a bad year in total for a club team

• Won the Stanislas sevens in France
  • Lost in the Rome sevens final 19 - 14 to China (ranked 13th)
  • Won the Munich sevens
  • 3rd place in Dubai

tuks3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A short summary of our European Tour: Three tournaments in 9 days. Only 13 players used, so it was a tough assignment.

Stanislas Sevens:
Final Ranking: 2 🥈
P/W/L: 6/5/1
Points for - Points against: 224 - 17

Centrale Sevens:
Final Ranking: 1 🥇
P/W/L: 6/6/0
Points for - Points against: 219 - 39
(Here we also beat Wales in the semi-final...)

Costa Blanca Sevens:
Final Ranking: 3 🥉
P/W/L: 6/5/1
Points for - Points against: 200 - 34

Tournaments 3 - Medals 3
Matches: 18
Wins: 16
Losses: 2
Total points for - Total points against: 643 - 90

And to add some perspective to this achievement, 7 new Tuks players went along on tour, with 6 playing rugby for the first time this year. One of the players played her first rugby match on tour!

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke