Sign in to follow this  
Hawk_Eye

Pieter Snorre de Villiers..

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/peter-de-villiers-named-zimbabwe-coach-20180207

Cape Town - Former Springbok coach Peter de Villiers has been unveiled as the new head coach of the Zimbabwenational team.

READ: I warned Allister about SA Rugby - Peter de Villiers

De Villiers, who described the appointment as the "greatest day of my life", will be assisted by Brendon Dawson.

De Villiers was previously involved with the country’s Under-20 team.

De Villiers' immediate task will be to attempt to help Zimbabwe to qualify for next year’s Rugby World Cup in Japan.

Zimbabwe are likely to face stiff competition from Namibia in their hopes of qualifying. Should they do so however, they face a daunting prospect at the tournament itself, with the 'Africa 1' team - whoever it may be - drawn in the same pool at defending champions, the All Blacks, the Springboks and Italy.

De Villiers coached the Springboks between 2008 and 2011 and was the director of rugby at the University of the Western Cape between 2012 and 2015.

During his tenure as Springbok coach, De Villiers won five out of 11 Tests against the All Blacks - a better record than most Bok coaches in recent times.

Other notable achievements for De Villiers as Bok coach was a Tri-Nations win in 2009, as well as a series win over the British and Irish Lions that same year.

1 minute ago, taipan said:

"Greatest day of his life"

Shows how he rates the Boks.

Would it not be a hell of thing if Zim manages to beat the dilapidated Springboks..  Yes, I know it's not likely but then that'll be the greatest day of his life. 

Anyway, good luck to Snorre - everyone needs a break now and then..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawk_Eye said:

Would it not be a hell of thing if Zim manages to beat the dilapidated Springboks..  Yes, I know it's not likely but then that'll be the greatest day of his life. 

He's just had a 6 year break

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Hawk_Eye said:

If you had told me a few years ago that Japan would beat the Boks I would also say " not f@#ken likely"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

If you had told me a few years ago that Japan would beat the Boks I would also say " not f@#ken likely"

Or Italy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Relax! Here cometh the saviour of SA Rugby........one Rastus Erasmus bullshitter par excellance

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke