Sign in to follow this  
taipan

Springboks 2018

3 hours ago, supersupporter said:

I have so far managed to watch 20 minutes and Sbu Nkosi looks to be not too bad and Duane Vermeulen clearly does not like Basteraud.

Maybe Vermeulen doesn’t like the idea that Basteraud took over the captaincy of Toulon.... 

1 hour ago, vlagman said:

Maybe Vermeulen doesn’t like the idea that Basteraud took over the captaincy of Toulon.... 

The Baasted!!!😁

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, supersupporter said:

Whatever the reason, he is fucking hammering that Bastard-ou is every tackle :)

That is the only way to stop him Barlee. You cannot fuck around when defending against him and Duane probably knows that from being team mates. He may not be as quick anymore but he is still one tough mother to stop. 

• Like 1

Being a pro rugby player must rank as one of the crappest jobs around. Limited shelf-life, 11 months a year of training to take a beating every weekend, under the microscope every day, inevitably getting your brain scrambled, a future of old injuries biting back, no future career path for most.............seems like a dead-end job to me

• Like 1

Sounds like a lousy career if you put it like that, but ask any aspiring 15> year old and I'm sure they'd be in it at the drop of a hat.

• Like 1

I will not even let me son play the game, why would we let our children play a game where the governing body preaches about player safety, but on the other hand jumps in to defend a player who hits with the shoulder, coaches do not care about player safety, they would like us to believe they do, but they too have to get results.

• Like 1

CJ Stander......an ongoing reminder to SARU how broke their "system" is, the wrong green jersey and the coaches who labelled him a "reject". Suck on that!

• Like 2

What do you guys make of Kolisi's warning? I thought he was lucky, however watching it this morning during the game does not look like he was going with the head but trying to get away. Shows how videos can be deceptive as the one I saw on 365 was zoomed in and looked bad, but a view from further looks like nothing.

12 minutes ago, supersupporter said:

What do you guys make of Kolisi's warning? I thought he was lucky, however watching it this morning during the game does not look like he was going with the head but trying to get away. Shows how videos can be deceptive as the one I saw on 365 was zoomed in and looked bad, but a view from further looks like nothing.

The clips are both of the same incident, aren’t they? 

The view from further looked like nothing but a close up view showed Schalk Burger gouging an eye. 

A view from further looked like Bismarck took out Carter illegally but close up showed a brilliant and perfectly legal tackle. 

1 hour ago, supersupporter said:

Did you see both?

Yeah. Remember the Welsh captain in the 2011 RWC. Everybody thought the red was harsh, until he saw the slowmo himself and he himself then agreed that it was the right call. 

Edited by vlagman

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke