Sign in to follow this  
taipan

Springboks 2018

Yeah well no fine...Just go out and get the job done well and no one will give a shit anymore what language you speak at home...

I suppose if we have a white Coach in SA we have to somehow compensate the other way in our team and captain (Not saying we must, or that I agree, just saying that is SA policy...we should be used to it by now...)

7 minutes ago, Hawk_Eye said:

meantime in other "real" news..

and does anyone believe that this team will play against England?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, taipan said:

and does anyone believe that this team will play against England?

No, maybe one or two for reserves.

But, that being said, this is a very well balanced and exceptionally coached team who will give their all to impress the "new" rugby following public. (It is quite clear that a transformation in the watching / supporting public is also happening.  Some of these feckers have absolutely no clue about the game or the laws but they have "other" reasons for watching)

You see, because of the transformation in South African sport and some proven facts it has become customary / standard / benchmark to celebrate mediocrity.  For that reason, the loss against the Welsh team (if indeed this brilliant team loses) will be celebrated for all the wrong reasons.

It becomes clear from the indoctrinated speech of Erasmus that he too is now no longer interested in winning, it is all about participation and transformation - celebrating mediocrity.

In the academic world you get a certificate of attendance and a certificate of achievement, it boils down to the same thing in sport.  These feckers get a certificate of attendance.

3 minutes ago, Hawk_Eye said:

No, maybe one or two for reserves.

But, that being said, this is a very well balanced and exceptionally coached team who will give their all to impress the "new" rugby following public. (It is quite clear that a transformation in the watching / supporting public is also happening.  Some of these feckers have absolutely no clue about the game or the laws but they have "other" reasons for watching)

You see, because of the transformation in South African sport and some proven facts it has become customary / standard / benchmark to celebrate mediocrity.  For that reason, the loss against the Welsh team (if indeed this brilliant team loses) will be celebrated for all the wrong reasons.

It becomes clear from the indoctrinated speech of Erasmus that he too is now no longer interested in winning, it is all about participation and transformation - celebrating mediocrity.

In the academic world you get a certificate of attendance and a certificate of achievement, it boils down to the same thing in sport.  These feckers get a certificate of attendance.

I have already started writing the after match comments after the loss.

I am proud of the boys. They showed tremendous character against a very strong Welsh team. I have no doubt they are the bright future of Springbok rugby and they will be stronger players for the experience. Don't forget these players have only been together for a week and have already improved immensely under my coaching and once we get the fitness up to a acceptable level they will be a far better team.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, WeDaFaKaWe said:

You forgot.. "We are a young side building towards the next WC"

So many options, so little time

I am curious, which Lions players are not selected who deserve selection based on this year's performance?

I am just curious, Kwagga who would normally be my first choice based on recent performances does not deserve selection. The only ones in the Lions side who stand out for me is Mostert without a doubt, Marx (injured that is a massive loss to the Boks, now we have to have Marx 1.0 play instead). Cronje I think should still be selected. Dyantyi for sure and Orie who seems to give his all too.

In the squad, I see a lot of players who have played very well this year and unlike other years I am seeing more players picked on merit. The one thing I look at when I see a team is not who is from which province but who has been playing well.

But that is just me, I have never claimed to be a rugby guru, just a big fan, so maybe I am wrong and possibly am, but I cannot see why more Lions should have been picked, it is not like they have been playing great rugby recently, not sure how many NZ sides they have beaten this year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, supersupporter said:

I am curious, which Lions players are not selected who deserve selection based on this year's performance?

I am just curious, Kwagga who would normally be my first choice based on recent performances does not deserve selection. The only ones in the Lions side who stand out for me is Mostert without a doubt, Marx (injured that is a massive loss to the Boks, now we have to have Marx 1.0 play instead). Cronje I think should still be selected. Dyantyi for sure and Orie who seems to give his all too.

In the squad, I see a lot of players who have played very well this year and unlike other years I am seeing more players picked on merit. The one thing I look at when I see a team is not who is from which province but who has been playing well.

But that is just me, I have never claimed to be a rugby guru, just a big fan, so maybe I am wrong and possibly am, but I cannot see why more Lions should have been picked, it is not like they have been playing great rugby recently, not sure how many NZ sides they have beaten this year.

As Draad said a couple of days back the Lions are greater than the sum of their parts. To me that shows that they are team players. The Sharks must be doing well given that they have 13 players playing well.

I think the Sharks players that have been selected have not played too badly, other than Curwin Bosch who does not deserve to be there or even playing Super Rugby, 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taipan said:

As Draad said a couple of days back the Lions are greater than the sum of their parts. To me that shows that they are team players. The Sharks must be doing well given that they have 13 players playing well.

The Sharks have won three out of four games against NZ teams. They have also lost 3 out 4 games against S.A. teams. 

Seeing as the Boks play more games against the AB's than other SA teams, the selection of 13 makes sense.😎

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, supersupporter said:

I think the Sharks players that have been selected have not played too badly, other than Curwin Bosch who does not deserve to be there or even playing Super Rugby, 

I've had my doubts about him ever since the Sharks recruited him. He just doesn't look the part.

• Like 1

some useless information - Wiki says The Beatles played the RF Kennedy stadium August 1966........maybe the Boks will strike the right chords?

Rastus will be hoping so......nothing like the new coach "getting off to a winning start".

Wales by 7 points imho,  but I'd love to be proved wrong.

4 hours ago, J1M1 said:

some useless information - Wiki says The Beatles played the RF Kennedy stadium August 1966........maybe the Boks will strike the right chords?

Rastus will be hoping so......nothing like the new coach "getting off to a winning start".

Whatif.......World Rugby so loved Rastus that they "arranged" a win...:kiss-my-ass:

23 minutes ago, Hawk_Eye said:

Whatif.......World Rugby so loved Rastus that they "arranged" a win.

Anything's possible in the 21st Century - especially when money is involved

• Like 1

Maybe we're not alone in our cynicism................

Warren Gatland has slammed critics of Wales' clash with South Africa as "bitter and twisted" as the two teams prepare to meet in Washington DC on Saturday.

Wales are in the American capital prior to their two-match tour of Argentina with their clash with the Springboks at the RFK Stadium taking place outside World Rugby's designated Test window.

Critics have slammed the encounter as a money-grabbing exercise with former Wales captain Gwyn Jones declaring it a "shambles" which "devalues international rugby."

Both teams have named youthful sides, but Wales head coach Gatland sees the 80 minutes as a vital part of his team's preparation for next year's World Cup.

"If anyone has come out and criticised this match, they're completely ill-informed in terms of how important it is for the long term," he said.

"I think you would have to be someone with a chip on your shoulder or be pretty bitter and twisted to criticise this match because I see it as absolutely vital in terms of our long-term planning for 2019.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, J1M1 said:

Maybe we're not alone in our cynicism................

Warren Gatland has slammed critics of Wales' clash with South Africa as "bitter and twisted" as the two teams prepare to meet in Washington DC on Saturday.

Wales are in the American capital prior to their two-match tour of Argentina with their clash with the Springboks at the RFK Stadium taking place outside World Rugby's designated Test window.

Critics have slammed the encounter as a money-grabbing exercise with former Wales captain Gwyn Jones declaring it a "shambles" which "devalues international rugby."

Both teams have named youthful sides, but Wales head coach Gatland sees the 80 minutes as a vital part of his team's preparation for next year's World Cup.

"If anyone has come out and criticised this match, they're completely ill-informed in terms of how important it is for the long term," he said.

"I think you would have to be someone with a chip on your shoulder or be pretty bitter and twisted to criticise this match because I see it as absolutely vital in terms of our long-term planning for 2019.

Fine. If it's part of your planning organize a match but don't call it a fucking test.

the reason it is called a test is because it is supposed to be a test of the best of both nations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, J1M1 said:

I chose SA by 7...😉

• Haha 1

Sadly (luckily) I shall be driving to fetch Zorro.  He was born on 22 April  He looks just like his daddy..BlackBear.......He is totally Boerboel BEE - as black as the night..or my heart, which ever is the blackest..

30724349_10157302007428032_3325621725940

It seems crazy organising a Test against Wales on the other side of the Atlantic just seven days before hosting England, but Erasmus admits money is a factor.

“One reason for this match is it enables SA Rugby to make some money,” he said, referring to a national body that posted a 33.3 million rand ($2.805 m/2.280m euros) loss last year. There is intense pressure on Erasmus to lift the Springboks out of the doldrums after predecessor Allister Coetzee won only 11 of 25 Tests during the past two seasons.

Jurie Roux - the financial wizard of Skelmbosch strikes again?

• Sad 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke