Sign in to follow this  
taipan

Springboks 2018

Elton Janties is kak and as for the scrummy..Fuck Ruan was faster getting the ball out behind those rucks, but then, if you plan to kick them all, why rush.

They have zero direction and again, I see no game plan, I thought AC was not the coach anymore. Or is it just a Bok game plan, to not have a game plan..

what a fuck up, walking back, calm down, calm down and then he fucks it up, not once but twice. So what have we learned?

No new coach can motivate any Springbok player, they are just downright fucken useless. The scrum-half is kak, Elton was kak and then the replacement player is given 8 minutes to try and help save the game, and then let's not even get onto handling. Dan Du Preez once again showing he should never be given a ball, like many tonight. What a shit game and does not speak much for this so-called innovative coach. Embarrassing again, a loss to a Welsh side with a little more experience, but South Africa should have been able to put this Welsh team to bed and yet they could not even run the ball down the back line. I am so gatvol of this outdated rugby shit. 

• Like 1

When Eddie Jones took over England, in their very first game you could already see he brought some enthusiasm to their game, the players were keen.

I never once saw that in this game. Esterhuizen and Mapimpi were the only who stood out from the starters.

• Like 1

My rating - [here]

Jeremy Papier rates the South African players!

15 Curwin Bosch
Not many opportunities for Bosch, as he never really had ball in hand and when he did he was forced to kick.
4/10  [3/10] Not an international player - yet

14 Travis Ismaiel
Solid performance, but made a couple of errors later in the game. Scored a crucial intercept try after applying good pressure on defence.
5/10 [4/10] Stupid mistake with injured arm - should have left the field

13 Jesse Kriel
One of the better performers in the game. Looked dangerous with ball in hand and defended equally well.
6/10   [5/10] - but hardly got the ball to play with.

12 Andre Esterhuizen
By far the best performer on the day for the Boks. Had a couple of strong carries over the advantage line and defensively rock solid.
6/10    [6/10]

11 Makazole Mapimpi
Good workrate on and off the ball. Finished off a well-deserved try in the 58th minute.
5/10   [5/10]

10 Elton Jantjies
Average performance by the pivot. Did not take control of the match.
5/10   [4/10] Hond kak..

9 Ivan van Zyl
Solid debut for the young man. Made a couple of errors, but he is definitely a prospect for the future.
5/10   [4/10] Hond kak...

8 Dan du Preez
Defensively solid, but made very few carries. Crucial error from the restart after being safe under the high ball throughout the game. Good line-out option.
5/10  [4/10] Handling / ball retention

7 Teboho Mohojé
Started off slowly but as the game went on he picked up his work rate on defence and made a couple of strong carries.
5/10   [5/10] Too flippen slow for a loosie.

6 Albertus Smith
Rather quiet performance by the livewire flank. Perhaps the game plan and style of play did not suit him but he kept on trying till the end.
4/10   [5/10] 

5 Pieter-Steph du Toit (captain)
Very busy performance by the new Springbok captain. Tried very hard to lead from the front, it’s sad to see that his example was not followed. Line-outs solid.
5/10   [4/10]

4 Jason Jenkins
A couple of big hits up front, but as the game went on his presence started to fade away. Perhaps the effect of slipping a crucial tackle. Line-outs solid.
5/10  [5/10] 

3 Wilco Louw
Defensively solid. Had very few opportunities to carry but proved rock solid at scrummaging.
5/10  [5/10] 

2 Chiliboy Ralepelle
Did the basics very well and made few errors. Solid line-out throws
5/10  [5/10] 

1 Retshegofaditswe Nche
Good scrummaging, but had few opportunities to carry the ball. Found wanting a couple of times in the kick chase defence.
5/10 [5/10] 

Replacements:

16 Armand van der Merwe
On for Ralepelle 52nd minute and looked very busy.
5/10  [6/10] 

17 Steven Kitshoff
On for Nche 48th minute and added to the performance with good scrumming and solid defence.
5/10  [5/10] 

18 Thomas du Toit
On for Louw 48th minute and really impressed with his work rate. Good scrumming
6/10  [5/10] 

19 Marvin Orie
On for Jenkins 66th minute, not enough time to be rated

20 Sikhumbuzo Notshe
On for du Preez 54th minute and showed good workrate.
5/10

21 Embrose Papier
On for Mapimpi 77th minute, not enough time to be rated

22 Robert du Preez   [2/10] 
On for Jantjies 72nd minute, not enough time to be rated.

23 Warrick Gelant
On for Bosch 40th min and showed good work rate. Looked for work and slotted in to 1st receiver at times very nicely.
5/10  [6/10] Mostly ran out of supporters because the whole team were waiting for the kick up into nowhere.

If there was any game-plan, the plan was probably to not have a plan.  And once again the coach sells the players down the river instead of taking responsibility.

14 Travis Ismaiel
5/10 [4/10] Stupid mistake with injured arm - should have left the field

I think his arm only got worse when he made a doos of a mistake and then he knew the cameras were on him, so he had to make it look like his arm was bad, but replays showed neither arm was near his chest to catch the ball./.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i dream of the day when "we bring the physicality" becomes a forgotten mantra in Bok rugby............

when are we going to "bring brains & flair" to the party ?????????

• Like 2

Springbok rugby is no longer, but what bugs me most is when a panel of commies are asked who they think will win and 2 of the 3 pick Wales and only the Saffer picks SA. Wales could not beat SA for 90+ years and now have 3 in a row, what a disappointment, Rassie is already on par with AC.

I was also listening to some know for BBC giving an intro into Bok rugby and what pisses me off is they still use Rugby in SA as a symbol of apartheid, they actually elude to the point that rugby was developed in SA as symbol of Afrikaner apartheid, which annoys me, I wish the BBC would stop doing this.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, supersupporter said:

I wish the BBC would stop doing this.

The BBC is more fucked up than SA rugby. They should stick to documentaries and dramas and they should stay the fuck away from sports commenting, news, documentaries on social issues and political commentary. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Actually, after I posted i forgot that it was channel 4 who said that shit, but it was a BBC guy "Butler".

I am quite gatvol of their ongoing shit that rugby is a symbol of apartheid.

9 minutes ago, supersupporter said:

Actually, after I posted i forgot that it was channel 4 who said that shit, but it was a BBC guy "Butler".

That doesn’t change my mind about the BBC. :36_19_7::bounce:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, supersupporter said:

I am quite gatvol of their ongoing shit that rugby is a symbol of apartheid.

Yet, the current government who is the majority have 144 racial laws to "protect" the inept, instead of equipping people with skills they would rather bring the standards down and celebrate mediocrity.  Moet of the leftist dumb fucks have no idea what is going on.  In any event, racism and the so called apartheid is still social constructs.  But that is a debate for another thread.

What concerns me the most is that Rassie' s voice is even more irritating than Divvy's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

..and clearly Divvy also has a better game plan..

These fucken coaches they come out as great innovators and yet in one game prove how kak they really are..

• Like 1

The net effect of Rassie's "experiment"

Cape Town - Wales have leapfrogged the Springboks in the official World Rugby rankings after winning their one-off Test 22-20 in Washington DC on Saturday.

Wales’ third consecutive win over South Africa was worth 1.05 rating points, enough to lift them above the Springboks and Scotland into fifth place, their highest ranking since February last year.

South Africa, who fielded seven debutants in an experimental starting line-up, drop one place to seventh.

Wales now travel to Argentina for two Tests against Los Pumas (June 9 and 16), while South Africa face England at home in a three-Test series, starting in Johannesburg on Saturday.

Top 20 in latest World Rugby standings:

1. New Zealand 93.99
2. Ireland 89.11
3. England 86.23
4. Australia 85.49
5. Wales 84.45 
6. Scotland 83.83
7. South Africa 82.77
8. France 79.10
9. Argentina 78.22
10. Fiji 77.93
11. Japan 75.66
12. Georgia 73.96
13. Tonga 71.87
14. Italy 71.10
15. USA 69.23
16. Samoa 69.03
17. Romania 68.25
18. Uruguay 65.37
19. Russia 63.27
20. Spain 63.09

At this rate I would not be surprised if we have to play in the qualifiers to represent Africa at the 2023 RWC. Wonder what the odds would be, at that time, of us beating Namibia to go to the RWC. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, vlagman said:

At this rate I would not be surprised if we have to play in the qualifiers to represent Africa at the 2023 RWC. Wonder what the odds would be, at that time, of us beating Namibia to go to the RWC. 

We may just beat Namibia but the Kenyans will be tough and with Coach Divvy in Zim, they may even present a problem to the Jumpingbucks..

50 minutes ago, Hawk_Eye said:

We may just beat Namibia but the Kenyans will be tough and with Coach Divvy in Zim, they may even present a problem to the Jumpingbucks..

Check this wiki page about rugby world rankings. You’ll find a table reflecting each country’s best and worst positions on the rankings table. SA’s best position was no 1 in 2007-8 and 2009. Our worst is ..... wait for it ...... 2017 and 2018. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Rugby_Rankings

• Like 1

Lest we forget - there are just less than six (6) years left to the reign of Rassie............

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, J1M1 said:

Lest we forget - there are just less than six (6) years left to the reign of Rassie............

Déjà vu  :36_11_6:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke