Sign in to follow this  
supersupporter

Currie Cup 2018

13 hours ago, taipan said:

For the first time in my life I am shouting for the Bulls.

i feel filthy

You'll shout for Satan if he's playing against WP.

• Haha 3

I have to admit, I did not really give the Bulls a chance to get close. So I was pretty much a neutral. (Also caused by the Bulls performances over the past number of years). The Bulls did a lot of good things, but now and then had a few brain-fart (which is still a problem).

But as the match wore on Egon Seconds made me a Bulls supporter again. Thanks Egon!

(Pretty much how I watch rugby most of the time. I don't really support a specific team, but I give my support to the team being screwed over!)

One team gets penalised for being off-side a number of times, but if you look at the replays there are a few of those calls where they were well behind the off-side line. The other team is allowed to do just as they please... Giving Egon the benefit of the doubt, I would say that he made assumptions due to the line-speed of the defence and that he did not actually see off-side. He only assumed it was. 

But on the other hand (Dan), we have the situation of SARU being based in the Cape and WP in a financial crisis. Getting the final means something like a R10 million boost for WP. This makes me believe something that I've been suspecting about SA rugby for some time. And that is that most (not all) of the results are determined in board rooms. One of the reasons why I am not a SA rugby supporter any more. More and more results appear to be "manufactured". Only in exceptional cases, where a team is clearly dominant, they manage to win. But even then the game ends up with a "competitive" scoreline.

In terms of rugby:

Bulls - WP
The Bulls actually outplayed WP in all aspects for most of the game. There was some poor decision making here and there. And as I said, there were a few brain-farts. Like the player running to the outside on the final play instead of in-field...

Sharks - Lions
The Sharks also dominated, but they dominated in such a way that their mistakes weren't "enough" to cause them to lose... The standard of play was however poor.

Prediction for the final.
It's all in the hands of the Sharks. If they pitch up, they win. If the are complacent, they lose. It's as simple as that. WP don't actually have the ability or the players to take complete control. The Sharks do...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DbDraad said:

You'll shout for Satan if he's playing against WP.

So you think the game was refereed fairly?

18 minutes ago, taipan said:

So you think the game was refereed fairly?

I was so pissed off at how WP played, I did not notice a problem with the reff. After years of getting the short end, it's about time we got the rub of the green from the ref...so to answer your question,  he obviously made a few errors, against WP too. As for blatant bias, I don't think so.

Edited by DbDraad
  • Like 1

I did not watch the match, I was cashier at a Charity Wine Festival from 7am till 7pm...LOL. Last week after Stu kakked the Bulls out as being useless I told my family they would probably go down and upset the cart and beat the WeePee LOL - though I would not bet money on it LOL. And then lose by thousands in the final. 

Well done Bulls, you almost made it. 

Why on earth do they have a WP ref in a semi? Why not a fucken other team ref??? Do we never learn in this game????

Edited by Mata Hari

24 minutes ago, Mata Hari said:

I did not watch the match, I was cashier at a Charity Wine Festival from 7am till 7pm...LOL. Last week after Stu kakked the Bulls out as being useless I told my family they would probably go down and upset the cart and beat the WeePee LOL - though I would not bet money on it LOL. And then lose by thousands in the final. 

Well done Bulls, you almost made it. 

Why on earth do they have a WP ref in a semi? Why not a fucken other team ref??? Do we never learn in this game????

Yess, that is absurd...and it's happening more in recent times (non neutral reffs). Peyper will probably get the final.

Edited by DbDraad
  • Like 1

Interesting to note that virtually none of the current Boks played in the semis..........Rassie seems to have some power!

• Like 1

On 10/21/2018 at 6:41 PM, WeDaFaKaWe said:

I have to say the best 2 teams are in the final.

Klop Weda. Probably a better final than had the BUlls upset the Stormwinde...;)

6 hours ago, supersupporter said:

I am not so sure after seeing that stupid Ice Ice baby music video by the Sharks :)

https://rugby365.com/opinion/second-phase/sharks-secret-warm-up-routine

Put pink on these players and they turn to moffies :) Bulls did it too..

ROTFLMAO...what say you STu? You gave us plenty kak re our jerseys...

:36_11_6:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Mata Hari said:

ROTFLMAO...what say you STu? You gave us plenty kak re our jerseys...

:36_11_6:

I have no idea what he is talking about. The homophobe.

• Haha 3

That video and Terblanche's explanation may cause a neutral supporter like myself to cheer for the other side.

Seriously not a good idea IMO.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WeDaFaKaWe said:

That video and Terblanche's explanation may cause a neutral supporter like myself to cheer for the other side.

Seriously not a good idea IMO.

May the best team win. And may it not be the ref, as always....My friends are Sharkies, my Fam in law are weepee...does not matter who wins I am screwed I'll never hear the end of the chirping 😉

How embarrassing would it be if WP actually lose this game after going unbeaten through the comp?

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Stu said:

How embarrassing would it be if WP actually lose this game after going unbeaten through the comp?

Shit happens but that is the nature of the beast when you have a competition with a playoff phase. Had it not been for the fixation on series finales, the Bulls would have ended fourth in the 2007 Super 14. 

57 minutes ago, vlagman said:

Shit happens but that is the nature of the beast when you have a competition with a playoff phase. Had it not been for the fixation on series finales, the Bulls would have ended fourth in the 2007 Super 14. 

I'm trying to tease the stompies and you go try ruin my day. What kind, bru?

20 minutes ago, Stu said:

I'm trying to tease the stompies and you go try ruin my day. What kind, bru?

Askies man but they will only take the bait next year in any case. See what I did there.? :bounce:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Stu said:

8 hours ago, vlagman said:

6 hours ago, vlagman said:

Askies man but they will only take the bait next year in any case. See what I did there.? :bounce:

:36_11_6::36_11_6: 

• Haha 1

On 10/21/2018 at 8:20 AM, Barnacle said:

Prediction for the final.
It's all in the hands of the Sharks. If they pitch up, they win. If the are complacent, they lose. It's as simple as that. WP don't actually have the ability or the players to take complete control. The Sharks do...

En dis die storie...

And that is the story...

そしてそれは物語ですよ。。。

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke