Sign in to follow this  
J1M1

Trash Talk.........

Rowan, this is right up your alley - irrational, mindless, parallel universe, ill informed, completely biased..............."enjoy" -

The Congress of South African Trade Unions (Cosatu) has launched yet another attack on SA Rugby‚ this time accusing Springbok coach Rassie Erasmus of treating black players “like second class citizens”.

The Springboks take on the All Blacks in Wellington on Saturday with a team that has three black players in the starting line-up and is captained by flank Siya Kolisi‚ who is black. There are eight black players in the 23-man match squad.

Erasmus has a 45% transformation target this season‚ which has to reach 50% in 2019. However‚ he will be assessed on his target over the entire season and not in individual matches.

In a statement Cosatu said it was‚ “speaking on behalf of many rugby players in South Africa who are enraged by the choices made by Rassie” for Saturday's Test.

“Rassie has been treating the black Springbok players as second-class this entire year. His starting line-up for Saturday is a reversal to white preference players‚ which exposes his attitude towards black players‚” the union continued.

Cosatu also criticised Erasmus’ decision to substitute black hooker Bongi Mbonambi after only 34 minutes against Australia last week.

The union also gave its assessments of various Bok players’ form.

“The white players are given special places in the Springbok team ahead of the form black players‚” Cosatu’s statement said.

“Francois Louw has been playing poorly‚ Handré Pollard has been playing poorly‚ and Willie le Roux has been playing poorly. Scrumhalf Faf de Klerk has been playing poorly‚ yet they are not substituted when there are talented form players on the bench.

“Mbonambi is substituted on 35 minutes‚ which is entirely irrational and designed to undermine him.

"Many black players when they do get a chance on the field are played out of their positions‚ to deny them the prospect to bring their best skills.”

The only player operating out of position this weekend is Jesse Kriel‚ normally a centre‚ who is on the wing in place of the injured Makazole Mapimpi.

SA Rugby declined to comment as they have a policy of not reacting to opinion.

Cosatu has a pattern of striking out at rugby at strategic times.

In 2017‚ three days before the Boks played the All Blacks in Cape Town‚ Cosatu threatened to protest at SA Rugby’s headquarters for selling its rights to pay-channel SuperSport.

In June‚ when Erasmus selected 37-year-old white hooker Schalk Brits on the bench for the third Test against England‚ Cosatu also commented on team selection.

At the time of Brits’ selection in June‚ Cosatu said the sport belonged to all South Africans.

“We cannot allow [Springbok coach] Rassie [Erasmus] to make irrational decisions to advance old white interest. We accept that he is the coach and must be allowed to follow his game plan‚ but clear irrational decisions‚ that benefit white players ahead of form black players‚ have to be examined‚” the union said then.

Cosatu also waded into an on-air TV incident where analyst Ashwin Willemse stormed off set‚ saying he was undermined by white panellists Nick Mallett and Naas Botha.

The union claimed a ‘Stellenbosch Mafia’ in cahoots with SA Rugby ran rugby. “It is clear from the developments in the game that the cabal made up of SuperSport and SARU (the South African Rugby Union) are pushing old white interests. The Stellenbosch mafia are also involved in the manipulation of the sport‚” their statement read then.

18 minutes ago, vlagman said:

There is no such thing as SARFU. 

Maybe respected NZ rugby writers are stuck in a time warp

30 minutes ago, taipan said:

Maybe respected NZ rugby writers are stuck in a time 

Or in their own little backwater country.

Why do you guys even entertain this doos?

• Like 1

We have enough daily racial shit in our everyday lives. We really don't need to turn this Board into yet another race based argument every day Barlee. Especially with someone who does not even live in the shithole that he so commends....

• Like 1

Actually I think this is one of Taipan's old "friends". Best to just ignore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rowan said:

First of all, I am observing once again that the standard tactic here is to divert attention as far as possible from the issue at hand.  Pointing the finger elsewhere and engaging in ad hominems are not going to win any arguments.Such tactics are employed by those  with something to hide.

Secondly, Australia and New Zealand have white majorities. The native populations are 3% and 14% respectively, though the latter are overwhelmingly of mixed race. This is because the British carried out genocide in both nations, just as they did in North America. Therefore, democracy in these countries has meant the disenfranchisement of the native peoples, while the cultural genocide continues. 

Why does NZ not have a Maori captain? Surely that should be a concern? I am not sure when the last time a maori captained a NZ side, even just for one game, normally it is whites who they entrust over there

Probably there was a degree of bias during the amateur, but a lot of Maori shied away from the game during the Apartheid era as the All Blacks continued to play the Boks and Maori we even excluded from tours to SA right up till 1970. They only began to return en masse after the success of the inaugural World Cup, the end of Apartheid and the advent of pro rugby.

oh I read it very carefully. Did I also mention that Maori teams also played the 65 Boks and also the flower bomb side of 81.

As I mentioned before you know fuck all about the history of the game.

Debate over.

• Haha 1

I must say I often enjoy the strolling in of new members with one thing in mind only, to try stir, yet they forget that this forum may not have many people, but the ones who are here are pretty knowledgeable. But, they keep trying..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rowan said:

Taipan is unable to distinguish between tours to South Africa and playing Maori selections in New Zealand. Furthermore, he/she/it expresses a complete ignorance of this topic, by confusing the facts, and then has the audacity and hypocrisy to accuse others of precisely that trait.  It's all very juvenile, to be honest.

Maori players were excluded from tours to South Africa up until 1970. That is a fact. Just look it up. This affront had a detrimental effect on Maori participation in the game in New Zealand, which was disgraceful on the part of the South African officials and their New Zealand counterparts involved in making this decision. That's a fact you need to be aware of. South Africa's political system during that era adversely effected the game in New Zealand as well.

TL;DR

15 hours ago, Rowan said:

First of all, I am observing once again that the standard tactic here is to divert attention as far as possible from the issue at hand.  Pointing the finger elsewhere and engaging in ad hominems are not going to win any arguments.Such tactics are employed by those  with something to hide.

Secondly, Australia and New Zealand have white majorities. The native populations are 3% and 14% respectively, though the latter are overwhelmingly of mixed race. This is because the British carried out genocide in both nations, just as they did in North America. Therefore, democracy in these countries has meant the disenfranchisement of the native peoples, while the cultural genocide continues. 

Complete horseshit in the case of Australia. There is considerable money being spent to record and preserve Aboriginal culture including language, tribal initiations etc and there is a continual expansion of Aboriginal land rights and control of traditional lands (for example access to Uluru is scheduled to cease in a year or so). The reason I know all this is because I spent around 12 years overseeing and acquitting the cultural grant funding for the Martu mob in the western desert area of WA. The funding covered such things as recording and codifying indigenous language and paying the elders to teach same to the kids, establishing and maintaining seed banks for native plants, identifying traditional Aboriginal lore (initiation) sites and gaining exclusive rights for same for the Martu and funding the return of Martu dispora annually to Martu lands for lore business (which typically lasts six weeks for the young blokes to heal) and funding remote community settlements for those with a deep attachment to traditional lands who fret when absent from same (this involved housing, medical posts, teachers, community stores, electricity and water infrastructure). The same program is rolled out Australia wide and since my time has been supplemented and expanded by mining companies by way of generous land use agreements.

So Rowan stop talking out of your arse or believing everything you read in the Guardian. Most of the "Aboriginal" intellectuals claiming ongoing genocide have never been outside the city limits. The biggest thing now holding Aboriginal advancement back now is Aboriginals themselves. I help coach an indigenous AFL team here in Perth and we have no problem getting the young unskilled lads jobs in mining on $80k or more per annum. The lads either get bored or get on the crap and the employers have to let them go. Government and many employers bend over backwards here in the cause of individual and collective Aboriginal advancement.    

16 hours ago, Rowan said:

Good to see some progress, Docker. Maori culture is also being revived these days in NZ, albeit both belatedly and gradually. But unless you're telling me Australian education, media and entertainment are using Aboriginal languages and focusing on Aboriginal issues to some significant degree today, that would signify a continuation of the cultural genocide. If you get outside of the major centres in Australia, then you're talking about a tiny per cent of the population. How have the vast majority living in the cities adapted their lifestyles to Aboriginal culture? Do you speak an Aboriginal language personally?

NB: I seldom read the Guardian on purpose, nor the British press in general, if I can help it.

So which of the 290 Aboriginal languages spoken by indigenous people should the MSM use and promote? Perhaps we could have 290 more TV channels and radio stations for each language group? To be fair a number of these languages overlap so there is really only 28-30 distinct languages but even still that number is not manageable. There is a dedicated indigenous TV station which has programs in various Aboriginal languages.  As you pointed out Aboriginal people comprise 3% of the total population - why would you teach non Aboriginal kids a language used by maybe 10,000 people as opposed to say Mandarin which is going to be a lot more helpful in the future. Learning a minority language which has no use (unless you want to live and/or work among the said language group) is pointless in the extreme and is mere virtue signalling.  I can understand some Noongar and Martu words for the record. 

There is a significant focus on Aboriginal culture and history at all levels of Australian schooling. Every significant cultural and sporting event has a welcome to country performed by an elder from the local tribe which acknowledges the ancestors and traditional owners of the land. Indigenous people have their own medical, legal, housing etc services which is designed to ensure appropriate access to same. All universities have placements for Aboriginal students in all courses even if there are better qualified non Aboriginal applicants and the usual safe spaces. 

John Pilger and reality are mutually exclusive. He has long severed any connection to reality as most hard left types have. If you appreciate Pilger's bile you would find the Guardian too balanced to read 

21 minutes ago, Rowan said:

There are three ways to look at re-introducing native language to mainstream society. You form a combined language of the most common vocabulary, you select the most widely spoken, or you do it on a region by region basis, with each community learning the language/dialect of the native people in their particular area. Many countries have overcome these obstacles without significant difficulty. It's a long time since I was in Australia, but I saw no sign of cultural integration then. Meanwhile, I am constantly working alongside Australians here in Istanbul and we discuss these matters from time to time.

Name a few where this has happened. 

24 minutes ago, Rowan said:

John Pilger

Selected Awards
1966: Descriptive Writer of the Year
1967: Reporter of the Year
1967: Journalist of the Year
1970: International Reporter of the Year
1974: News Reporter of the Year
1977: Campaigning Journalist of the Year
1979: Journalist of the Year
1979-80: UN Media Peace Prize, Australia
1980-81: UN Media Peace Prize, Gold Medal, Australia
1979: TV Times Readers' Award
1990: The George Foster Peabody Award, USA
1991: American Television Academy Award ('Emmy')
1991: British Academy of Film and Television Arts - The Richard Dimbleby Award
1990: Reporters San Frontiers Award, France
1995: International de Television Geneve Award
2001: The Monismanien Prize (Sweden)
2003: The Sophie Prize for Human Rights (Norway)
2003: EMMA Media Personality of the Year
2004: Royal Television Society Best Documentary, 'Stealing a Nation'
2008: Best Documentary, One World Awards, 'The War On Democracy'
2009: Sydney Peace Prize
2011: Grierson Trustees' Award

Milli Vanilli

1990: Grammy

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, vlagman said:

And there we have it. Facts and reality destroying SJW propaganda once again. 

Aye  Vlag. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing 

1 hour ago, Rowan said:

You form a combined language of the most common vocabulary, you select the most widely spoken, or you do it on a region by region basis, with each community learning the language/dialect of the native people in their particular area.

Fanakalo went down well, didn’t it?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Goraan
    Newest Member
    Goraan