Sign in to follow this  
Mata Hari

Bohemian Rhapsody

1 hour ago, Mata Hari said:

I loved every moment. What a talent....what an artist...what a band....

:clapping-hands::bow-down:

Is it worth the entrance fee?

3 hours ago, J1M1 said:

Is it worth the entrance fee?

The reviews I have seen aren’t that good

2 hours ago, taipan said:

The reviews I have seen aren’t that good

snap!

Too much focus on old buck-tooth & not enough focus on the other band members........they were a band after all 

On 12/7/2018 at 9:00 AM, Mata Hari said:

I loved every moment. What a talent....what an artist...what a band....

:clapping-hands::bow-down:

I thought it was excellent. I predict an Oscar nomination  for Rami Malek.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2018 at 3:48 PM, J1M1 said:

snap!

Too much focus on old buck-tooth & not enough focus on the other band members........they were a band after all 

The trailer says "His story". 

When you watch the movie however, you do see the huge influence he had on the band and the big vision he was always walking around with for the band. And he was the Boheme in the group without a doubt. However, at the end of the movie I definitely saw how as a band they were always making decisions together and after being apart came together and stood together in the light of his AIDS. How accurate this script is compared to real life I don't actually know, but it did paint Freddie as a big influencer on their music, although not the only influencer. And that sounded pretty accurate in view of the fact of his public persona.

As I said I loved every moment, and Rami and the movie will no doubt be up for an Oscar or two. Go watch it and form your own opinion, each to their own.

Weda, my hubbie can't handle Freddie LOL and does not watch anything or listen to anything related to Queen 😉 He would have hated the movie with the prancer on the front stage. I loved his persona. He was a character, there was no middle road for him

Edited by Mata Hari
  • Like 1

We went to see A Star is Born and they showed the trailer. I thought that they made too much of creating a Freddie lookalike that he really appeared unnatural. Don’t know if I’ll go see it. I have the Queen Platinum set and that’s enough for me. I’d rather check out other real tributes to Freddie Mercury. Something like this YouTube clip is more of a tribute to and recognition of his talents than any biopic (bear in mind that Alfie Boe is an opera singer): 

Okay, finally seen this. As expected the music was great and the sound well handled.

However the film leaves a lot of questions unanswered. Mercury's private life is virtually untouched and the dynamics of the group unexplored. The film tries to portray him as the band leader but this is patently incorrect as all four members were accomplished songwriters in their own right. There is no doubt that they were a tight bunch.

Unfortunately there are a lot of factual inaccuracies for dramatic purposes.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2018 at 5:56 PM, taipan said:

Okay, finally seen this. As expected the music was great and the sound well handled.

However the film leaves a lot of questions unanswered. Mercury's private life is virtually untouched and the dynamics of the group unexplored. The film tries to portray him as the band leader but this is patently incorrect as all four members were accomplished songwriters in their own right. There is no doubt that they were a tight bunch.

Unfortunately there are a lot of factual inaccuracies for dramatic purposes.

Interesting take since apparently the 3 members of Queen were very closely involved in the direction of the movie...??

9 hours ago, Mata Hari said:

Interesting take since apparently the 3 members of Queen were very closely involved in the direction of the movie...??

I think you find its only 2. The inaccuracies are historical fact.

4 hours ago, taipan said:

I think you find its only 2. The inaccuracies are historical fact.

Not arguing this, just saying 2/3 of the band pushed the movie in the direction....with the inaccuracies. Just wondering why they then did that...

14 minutes ago, Mata Hari said:

Not arguing this, just saying 2/3 of the band pushed the movie in the direction....with the inaccuracies. Just wondering why they then did that...

Makes a better story

• Haha 1

Finally got to see the movie - tickets a Christmas gift from the eldest........it's not a bad movie, & will rake in the cash.

Ten years ago it would've been banned for grown men indulging in passionate kissing. How times have changed but i have not. Men kissing is, imho, DISGUSTING!

Next up, Rocket Man with Sir Elton - stand by for more "male bonding".......Hollywood are doing a good job brainwashing the young by sanatizing homosexual practises. 

31 minutes ago, J1M1 said:

Finally got to see the movie - tickets a Christmas gift from the eldest........it's not a bad movie, & will rake in the cash.

Ten years ago it would've been banned for grown men indulging in passionate kissing. How times have changed but i have not. Men kissing is, imho, DISGUSTING!

:36_11_6: I feel that way re women kissing but I don't get much empathy from my male friends so ....:28_1_19:

Hauled out the DVD - Queen Live at Wembley Stadium..................A real view of an excellent group!!

Brian May is a highly under-rated guitarist!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J1M1 said:

Hauled out the DVD - Queen Live at Wembley Stadium..................A real view of an excellent group!!

The real stuff is always better....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, J1M1 said:

Eggzagerly. 

• Like 1

All 3 other members were under-rated because Freddy stole the limelight.  There is a reason why Queen isn't really a band anymore. Not fair to the other members, but life is unfair.

The Stones won't be able to replace Jagger either....it is what it is, some animals are more equal than others.

Edited by DbDraad

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke