Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mata Hari

Bohemian Rhapsody

Recommended Posts

On 12/29/2018 at 5:59 PM, taipan said:

As I said not a bad movie, but fictionalised for dramatic purposes

Still yet to see it and was all set to see it in Singapore but the nephew jacked up and we went and saw Aquaman instead. I won't get those two hours of my life back tragically. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Docker said:

Still yet to see it and was all set to see it in Singapore but the nephew jacked up and we went and saw Aquaman instead. I won't get those two hours of my life back tragically. 

DC haven't got the marvel touch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, taipan said:

DC haven't got the marvel touch.

True - Deadpool and Deadpool 2 are some of my favourite movies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Docker said:

Still yet to see it and was all set to see it in Singapore but the nephew jacked up and we went and saw Aquaman instead. I won't get those two hours of my life back tragically. 

LOL, pushover....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Docker said:

True - Deadpool and Deadpool 2 are some of my favourite movies

2 months  to Captain Marvel

Edited by taipan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2019 at 8:28 AM, Docker said:

Still yet to see it and was all set to see it in Singapore but the nephew jacked up and we went and saw Aquaman instead. I won't get those two hours of my life back tragically. 

Finally saw it on the plane to Melbourne. I give it 3 stars. I was impressed with the other members of Queen being so intelligent  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Docker said:

Finally saw it on the plane to Melbourne. I give it 3 stars. I was impressed with the other members of Queen being so intelligent  

Got nothing to do about anything but the music...and the show. Great entertainer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No big winner this year. The major awards were shared around. Certain films got minor awards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen the Freddy movie now. I'ts obviously not a movie about the band, it's a movie about the man and the influence the band had on his life is part of it. What bugs me too, is that they could have stayed with the facts. Some of the inaccuracies is unnecessary IMO. This could have been a much better move. I liked it but this is no masterpiece. Pity. I think Malek and the rest of the cast did well, but the story feels wrong to me....and the music scenes could have been better...something was off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, DbDraad said:

I've seen the Freddy movie now. I'ts obviously not a movie about the band, it's a movie about the man and the influence the band had on his life is part of it. What bugs me too, is that they could have stayed with the facts. Some of the inaccuracies is unnecessary IMO. This could have been a much better move. I liked it but this is no masterpiece. Pity. I think Malek and the rest of the cast did well, but the story feels wrong to me....and the music scenes could have been better...something was off.

I haven’t seen the movie. We saw A Star is Born and they showed the trailer. We kind of decided to go see it as well but I’m beginning to think that I may be disappointed. 

A Star is Born is not the most brilliant movie and I was surprised when all the accolades started rolling in, but I really enjoyed it. I thought that Bradley Cooper did a really good job especially when I learned that he neither played guitar, nor sang, nor wrote music before and all of that was genuine in the movie. None of it was staged. All of the on stage scenes were shot during genuine live music festivals. 

Before we went to see it, I watched the Kristoffersen/Streisand version again. I think what made the new one good was the fact that they managed to make a complete new movie by only subtly changing the plot. Those changes put a completely new spin on it. The fact that that Jackson hangs himself in the new movie cleverly shifts the focus and his mental issues while not taking any of the focus away from Ally. In the previous movie the male character dies in a car accident. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vlag, it's not a bad movie.

Anyway, Captain Marvel opens next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bohemian Rhapsody is a good movie and well worth the watch, but a better movie could have been made from the material.  Maybe Roger and Brian were to closely involved? There is room for another try in a few years...mini series won't be a bad idea either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DbDraad said:

Bohemian Rhapsody is a good movie and well worth the watch, but a better movie could have been made from the material.  Maybe Roger and Brian were to closely involved? There is room for another try in a few years...mini series won't be a bad idea either.

There will be a follow up movie with Freddie dying. There is too much money to be made

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, taipan said:

There will be a follow up movie with Freddie dying. There is too much money to be made

 

1 hour ago, taipan said:

There will be a follow up movie with Freddie dying. There is too much money to be made

The band has enough, but...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, taipan said:

There will be a follow up movie with Freddie dying. There is too much money to be made

Could be the start of an endless stream of shyte............

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, J1M1 said:

Could be the start of an endless stream of shyte............

IMHO the only sequel better than the original was Godfather II

Original ideas in Hollywood are as rare as Republicans in those parts

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 7:13 PM, taipan said:

Now here is a serious music movie.

 

 

Not a fan 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2019 at 8:10 AM, Docker said:

IMHO the only sequel better than the original was Godfather II

Original ideas in Hollywood are as rare as Republicans in those parts

🤣 yeah sequels dont do much

Edited by Mata Hari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • Forum Statistics

    11,597
    Total Topics
    393,667
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    54
    Total Members
    2,160
    Most Online
    Goraan
    Newest Member
    Goraan
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...