Sign in to follow this  
J1M1

Ashes 2019

1 hour ago, J1M1 said:

Doubtful.........Root bowled the youngster into the dirt trying to get back into the game.

Holding did warn England about over bowling him - will turn him into another English fast medium pacer if they don't bowl him in short spells. Not sure if he has many tricks outside extreme pace 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WeDaFaKaWe said:

Labuschagne making a name for himself.

I must say without SS there I'm glad the Roo's are giving the Roses stick. 

Do you think Archer can make a comeback? He looked totally washout to me, even before the 'cramps'.

Not sure Marnus is that talented but he does give maximum effort every outing. Plus the competition is minimal so can see him having a long run in the team especially as his leggies are passable

He does add some stability to the batting lineup......didn't know he bowled.

These days everyone's a multi-tasker it seems

The Poms are a chance from here methinks and the betting shop was offering $3.50 so I couldn't resist. If the Poms do win the collect will soften the blow.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Docker said:

The Poms are a chance from here methinks and the betting shop was offering $3.50 so I couldn't resist. If the Poms do win the collect will soften the blow.

I have taken my 700 pieces of silver but if we lose the Ashes from here it will be tragic

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Docker said:

I have taken my 700 pieces of silver but if we lose the Ashes from here it will be tragic

:36_11_6:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Docker said:

Ben Stokes the ashes for England but imho they simply do not own a Test team. Root, Stokes, Broad, Woakes, Anderson & Bairstow apart.

i don't see Australia losing this series - they'll be filthy for having buckled under the pressure....and by the way, here comes Mitchell Starke!!!

41 minutes ago, J1M1 said:

Ben Stokes the ashes for England but imho they simply do not own a Test team. Root, Stokes, Broad, Woakes, Anderson & Bairstow apart.

i don't see Australia losing this series - they'll be filthy for having buckled under the pressure....and by the way, here comes Mitchell Starke!!!

Hats off to Stokes for the freakish effort. 

There was a number of poor decisions/lack of skill in the clutch that cost us the game. Time to bring Starc in to clean up the tail - Leach wouldn't have survived 15 balls of left arm yorkers at 150 clicks

• Like 1

Joel Sheldon Wilson should never umpire another Test match!

1 hour ago, J1M1 said:

Joel Sheldon Wilson should never umpire another Test match!

The lad was very poor in the First Test and again here. Not sure where we go - the problem is that Australian and English umpires make up more than half of the elite panel so apart from Erasmus and the Sri Lankan lad the balance of the umpires are either past their best (Dar) or not top shelf.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Docker said:

Well I suppose England keep the Ashes alive but hell I'll be pissed if the Poms win the series Dock.  Send your lads a telegram, tell them to please win the series !!! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mata Hari said:

Well I suppose England keep the Ashes alive but hell I'll be pissed if the Poms win the series Dock.  Send your lads a telegram, tell them to please win the series !!! 

They are copping it here for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Patience is in short supply - a global phenomenon......still a lot of water to flow under the bridge. I'd be amazed if Australia don't take it - even with a brittle middle order. SOS Alex Carey?

1 hour ago, J1M1 said:

Patience is in short supply - a global phenomenon......still a lot of water to flow under the bridge. I'd be amazed if Australia don't take it - even with a brittle middle order. SOS Alex Carey?

Paine is a big problem for us - if he wasn't captain he would be long gone. Wade made a ton in the First Test so he gets another go so it is either Khawaja or Head

• Like 1

We'll be keeping those Ashes. Hopefully we can finish them off properly next week. Paddy Cummins now morphing into a brilliant bowler.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Docker said:

We'll be keeping those Ashes. Hopefully we can finish them off properly next week. Paddy Cummins now morphing into a brilliant bowler.

:clapping-hands: Well done Aus

Well done Dock. England have been a major disappointment. Root has to go.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, taipan said:

Well done Dock. England have been a major disappointment. Root has to go.

Smith and perhaps Stokes aside the batting lineups of both sides are bog ordinary. Warner and Root are both out of form and the rest are battlers. Stokes can do freakish things but someone needs to explain to me his average of 35 after nearly 60 Tests.

Root is clueless but who do you bring in. Stokes is the only other automatic batting selection but Botham and Flintoff were complete duds as captains and Stokes doesn't strike me as being any brighter than those two.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Docker said:

Smith and perhaps Stokes aside the batting lineups of both sides are bog ordinary. Warner and Root are both out of form and the rest are battlers. Stokes can do freakish things but someone needs to explain to me his average of 35 after nearly 60 Tests.

Root is clueless but who do you bring in. Stokes is the only other automatic batting selection but Botham and Flintoff were complete duds as captains and Stokes doesn't strike me as being any brighter than those two.

I would bring Morgan in. Sure he’s not a great red ball cricketer but can scarcely score less than what is already there.

Root’s average has dropped by 12 after assuming the captaincy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taipan said:

I would bring Morgan in. Sure he’s not a great red ball cricketer but can scarcely score less than what is already there.

Root’s average has dropped by 12 after assuming the captaincy

Good point - if you are prepared to play Roy, Buttler and Bairstow you might as well play Morgan.

Can't see SA having too much trouble with England in the summer

The commies were going on about the Aus attack looking "tired".........after 4 Tests they should be, but they'll still bowl England out twice.

Cummins has a BIG ticker!!!

2 hours ago, J1M1 said:

The commies were going on about the Aus attack looking "tired".........after 4 Tests they should be, but they'll still bowl England out twice.

Cummins has a BIG ticker!!!

Cummins is going to be the best fast bowler since Steyn.

However when M Marsh (aka the Bison) is getting four wickets something is up. It seems no one wants to win this game

• Like 1

Unless you can see steam rising off the pitch when you win the toss Tim you always bat.

Not sure the in series continual bowler rotation thing is a great idea. Siddle was dreadful and Starc, as erratic as he is, would have been a better option.

Anyway England were the better team (perhaps by default) and deserved to win.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Docker said:

Unless you can see steam rising off the pitch when you win the toss Tim you always bat.

Not sure the in series continual bowler rotation thing is a great idea. Siddle was dreadful and Starc, as erratic as he is, would have been a better option.

Anyway England were the better team (perhaps by default) and deserved to win.  

The rumour is that he was trying to hide Warner away from the new ball on the first morning, in case there was something in the pitch.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke