Sign in to follow this  
WeDaFaKaWe

Wishes

Here's hoping for a good RWC.

Good games, individual performances, sportsmanship and officiating.

And no bad injuries.

A bit more traffic on Supersupporter would top it off nicely.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, supersupporter said:

I agree, a lot of people I speak to over here are tipping SA to do well, simply because of depth. Heres hoping.

What could help us, IMO, is that the ABs are not as lethal at the moment. The NH teams are difficult to judge.

All of the England, Wales and Ireland, to my mind, are a bit yo-yo’ish at the moment. France, as always, are a mystery.

That leaves us and the Aussies. The Aussies, to me at the moment, are a bit like France.

As for our guys.... I’m still not convinced. The recent results seem to reflect a team that is at the top of their game, having won the RC and all, but I don’t know.

There are too many players who were supposed to have been game breakers come RWC2019 but I don’t see any game breakers. Maybe Pollard who has been showing me the middle finger lately. I have been a big critic of his up until this season.  As for the rest? I don’t see a FDP, or a John Smit, or a Juan Smith, a Victor and Bakkies, a Danie Rossouw, a Jaques Fourie, a Brian Habana, a Percy Montgomery, etc. But then again, maybe we don’t need them this time around because of the opposition we may face. 

• Like 1

Hope and a bit of luck is all there is and it seems that luck may be on our side for once. 😀

20 hours ago, vlagman said:

As for the rest? I don’t see a FDP, or a John Smit, or a Juan Smith, a Victor and Bakkies, a Danie Rossouw, a Jaques Fourie, a Brian Habana, a Percy Montgomery, etc.

We won't see those players until after the WC when they make names for themselves. I am feeling quite pleasantly optimistic. They have produced a few decent games in  a row which is rare, today we will see if they can still produce the goods. They will beat japan and this for me is a good warm up game vs the hosts.

17 minutes ago, supersupporter said:

We won't see those players until after the WC when they make names for themselves. I am feeling quite pleasantly optimistic. They have produced a few decent games in  a row which is rare, today we will see if they can still produce the goods. They will beat japan and this for me is a good warm up game vs the hosts.

I think it will be a very long time before we will be seeing a squad like that, TBH. I don't know what is wrong with sport nowadays but it seems like nowhere can they produce really good sportsmen and women any more. 

Neither of the international cricket teams are on par with what we saw until a decade ago, IMO. Most of them have one or two shiners but a good solid team all round? 

Neither of the rugby teams, IMO, are on par with those until a decade ago. The current All Black squad does not seem to be anywhere near the 2011 squad. The Boks aren't. The current England squad has nothing on the 2003 squad.

Or  is it just me who is too much of fucking stuck old ballie up to believe in the youngsters? :)

I bet that if it was Trevor Nyakane being suspected of this, and there was a suspension pending the outcome of an investigation into it, this same doos would have been crying racism as well. 

Wonder how much he got paid for this? Must've included hospital insurance money........messing with the Etzabeth family could be a health hazard :36_11_6:

He looks so miserable.........like he hasn't taken a dump for three months!

• Like 1

He says he won't support the Boks at the WC, I'm just wondering has he ever supported them.

I'm thinking he leaned on them to make a name for himself.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke