Sign in to follow this  
vlagman

Please read this...

1 hour ago, J1M1 said:

Still smokin'..........at the very least i've got a very good idea what i'll die from.....:36_11_6: Ek & Peter Stuyvesant.......the mongrels scrapped Texan plain some years back.

I was a smoker and have met many smokers over the years, some smoked their entire life and had no issues, other never smoked and got emphysema. So live life. Cigarettes have been tried and tested for hundreds of years, we know what they can and possibly can not do. Unlike these vaping things that people are inhaling, people are buying liquid on facebook, liquid being made by who knows, very little regulation, yet these morons are just inhaling it, and now the death toll is rising fast.

Smoke or don't smoke, and if you want to inhale vapour, stand close to a kettle.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Docker said:

I am making plans (alcohol, bacon etc) to ensure my life is not elongated  

I don't drink alcohol but I'm with you on the bacon etc. I hope to go before I become a burden to anyone.

• Like 1

Thought I'd give you an update. The ultrasound biopsy was done and I had the results last Thursday. Unfortunately it was not what I was hoping for. There were indeed cancer cells in the lymph node, which calls for a change of course.

I will now be going to Oxford University on the 16th of October, where they will still be doing the examination for the general anaesthetic because of the blood thinners that I take for the Atrial Fibrillation. They will then, if all goes well, do the procedure on the 18th but this will not only be to remove the other small mole more tissue from where the mole was that caused the shit as I explained in the OP. They will also be removing all the glands in my left armpit. All in all a five hour procedure. There will unfortunately be some side effects, some temporary and some permanent. Temporary swelling of my entire left arm and pins and needles in my left hand. A 20m scare running from just below my armpit to the inside of my upper arm. The only permanent issue will be that although I will be able to lift my left arm above my shoulder I will not be able to handle heavy objects above my shoulder, like taking off or putting something fairly heavy on to a high shelf.

Thereafter I will be passed over to the oncologists for immunotherapy, which is the latest way to tackle stuff like melanoma, lung cancer and a few others. It is a different type of therapy that is apparently less invasive than the normal old chemotherapy. There may be similar side effects than chemo but apparently not necessarily as severe. From what I understand there is also, like in chemotherapy,  some potential hair loss, rash, fatigue (obviously), some breathing difficulty from time to time, etc. All of this is however very carefully managed with steroids. THey drugs that are used for this has only been approved by the NHS earlier this year and apparently in record time due to the huge success that they have been having during the trials.

So, all in all, it looks like I may be in for a bit of a ruff time but let's see. 

• Sad 1

Shit Vlag, not great news. Hope everything goes well.

18 hours ago, vlagman said:

So, all in all, it looks like I may be in for a bit of a ruff time but let's see. 

One day at a time!!

Strength!

On 10/1/2019 at 2:29 PM, vlagman said:

Thought I'd give you an update. The ultrasound biopsy was done and I had the results last Thursday. Unfortunately it was not what I was hoping for. There were indeed cancer cells in the lymph node, which calls for a change of course.

I will now be going to Oxford University on the 16th of October, where they will still be doing the examination for the general anaesthetic because of the blood thinners that I take for the Atrial Fibrillation. They will then, if all goes well, do the procedure on the 18th but this will not only be to remove the other small mole more tissue from where the mole was that caused the shit as I explained in the OP. They will also be removing all the glands in my left armpit. All in all a five hour procedure. There will unfortunately be some side effects, some temporary and some permanent. Temporary swelling of my entire left arm and pins and needles in my left hand. A 20m scare running from just below my armpit to the inside of my upper arm. The only permanent issue will be that although I will be able to lift my left arm above my shoulder I will not be able to handle heavy objects above my shoulder, like taking off or putting something fairly heavy on to a high shelf.

Thereafter I will be passed over to the oncologists for immunotherapy, which is the latest way to tackle stuff like melanoma, lung cancer and a few others. It is a different type of therapy that is apparently less invasive than the normal old chemotherapy. There may be similar side effects than chemo but apparently not necessarily as severe. From what I understand there is also, like in chemotherapy,  some potential hair loss, rash, fatigue (obviously), some breathing difficulty from time to time, etc. All of this is however very carefully managed with steroids. THey drugs that are used for this has only been approved by the NHS earlier this year and apparently in record time due to the huge success that they have been having during the trials.

Strongs Vlag. Holding out for the best 😞

On 10/1/2019 at 8:29 PM, vlagman said:

Sounds like you are in good hands so here's hoping the treatment is a success.

You did inspire me to go off the skin cancer clinic and have everything checked. Thankfully is in order. Like you Saffers we spent weeks baking in the sun as kids.

I did have to pop into hospital last week for a couple of days for the removal of a necrotic ulcer up (right inner thigh not far from the junk) probably caused by a whitetail spider bite. I was heading to Myanmar with the chaps the next day but the surgeon suggested that traveling to Yangon with a large open hole in my leg would be "fucking madness" so the boys went without me. 

• Like 1

I was at a new female doctor a couple of months ago. She is maybe early 30’s and we were having a good chat. On the way out I asked her if she was okay with me using her  forename as some doctors get uptight about that.

Without thinking she replied “fuck that shit”

she was almost mortified with embarrassment while I was pissing myself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, WeDaFaKaWe said:

Is this a medical term used down under?

Possibly. We lack of lot of class

1 hour ago, Docker said:

Possibly. We lack of lot of class

at least people get the picture.........:36_11_6:

Update. They butchered me yesterday. Went well according to the quack. They removed all the tissue and nodes and glands that they needed to. Left arm quite swollen as they said it would be. Tubes in for drainage. Probably gonna be here for a week. 

My main concern was the anaesthetic because of the blood thinners but that went down well too. Didn’t even have a hangover this time around. 

• Like 1

The new anaesthetics are totally different to the old ones. I have never had a problem and can eat within 15 minutes.

The hangover afterwards was the least of my worries. I’m shit scared of a stroke and I had to stop the blood thinners, that I take for the atrial fibrillation, on Tuesday there was an increased risk of a stroke. That was my worry. They have taken special care though and ran a series of tests to be sure the week before. 

I am still amazed how these Poms keep on complaining about the NHS. I tell them all the time. The treatment that you get is easily comparable to the best private care in SA. It is true that the A & E at the hospitals are a nightmare with 4 hour waiting times but that’s because most of the idiots who land up there are down to their own shit. They are either drunks who injure themselves or people who run to A&E for shit like colds and headaches. As for the rest the treatment is top notch with nothing spared. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, taipan said:

For some reason they also complain about the public transport.

Hahaha. Yes. That too. I easily floor them by telling them about SA public “transport”. They shit themselves if the bus with heating and free WiFi as well as special seats and ramps for wheel chairs and mothers with babies in prams are two minutes later than the time that is displayed on real-time electronic boards at the bus stop. Also suspension allows the driver to lower the bus to the level of the pavement for easy access.

Not to talk about the Londoners who are constantly exposed to crowded Tube trains, the poor soles. 

And then there are the trains. Luxury fast smooth running trains, also with free WiFi and shit but sometimes up to three minutes late!! Despicable service. 😁

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, taipan said:

I just spent a  month travelling the UK by public transport.  Very few complaints.

There really is very little to complain about in this country. I sometimes think that that is what worries them the most. The fact that they have so little to complain about. 

59 minutes ago, vlagman said:

The hangover afterwards was the least of my worries. I’m shit scared of a stroke and I had to stop the blood thinners, that I take for the atrial fibrillation, on Tuesday there was an increased risk of a stroke. That was my worry. They have taken special care though and ran a series of tests to be sure the week before. 

I am still amazed how these Poms keep on complaining about the NHS. I tell them all the time. The treatment that you get is easily comparable to the best private care in SA. It is true that the A & E at the hospitals are a nightmare with 4 hour waiting times but that’s because most of the idiots who land up there are down to their own shit. They are either drunks who injure themselves or people who run to A&E for shit like colds and headaches. As for the rest the treatment is top notch with nothing spared. 

Couldn't agree more (our system is similar to the NHS in some regards). The fact that they have to security at the A & E to control the ferals on weekends who are either injured or accompanying same is indicative of just how fucked up some people are.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke