Sign in to follow this  
supersupporter

Long Course Weekend, Iron Man & London Marathon

2020 will see me doing all three of those if I get into London Marathon on Ballot, otherwise LCW and IM are a sure thing. Not sure how many of you know about LCW, I did the marathon this year for it, but 2010 i will do all 3. 3 events over 3 days. Friday night a 4k swim in the ocean, Saturday it is a 170km cycle and then Sunday a 42km run. IronMan is all 3 in one day.

Both done in my area Tenby

3 hours ago, supersupporter said:

2020 will see me doing all three of those if I get into London Marathon on Ballot, otherwise LCW and IM are a sure thing. Not sure how many of you know about LCW, I did the marathon this year for it, but 2010 i will do all 3. 3 events over 3 days. Friday night a 4k swim in the ocean, Saturday it is a 170km cycle and then Sunday a 42km run. IronMan is all 3 in one day.

Both done in my area Tenby

The sister in law is right into the Ironman thing. Shes does them all over the world trying to qualify for Kona but so far without luck. She was in Germany six weeks ago for one. I think her best time is around 11 hours but from what I understand she will need to shave off around 30 mins to qualify in her category (female novice 30-35). From what I understand the professional males can get around in 8 hours on "flat" track and the professional females around 9  hours 

• Like 1

I get tired just reading about the events...........:joint:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good luck Barry. I want to do that Mud thing (novice LOL) but I am battling to get partners and I heard it can be really fun...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, J1M1 said:

I get tired just reading about the events...........:joint:

Like Tolla would have said, "Ek is deesdae do onfiks, ek kry miltsteek as ek die sportblad lees."

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Docker said:

The sister in law is right into the Ironman thing. Shes does them all over the world trying to qualify for Kona but so far without luck. She was in Germany six weeks ago for one. I think her best time is around 11 hours but from what I understand she will need to shave off around 30 mins to qualify in her category (female novice 30-35). From what I understand the professional males can get around in 8 hours on "flat" track and the professional females around 9  hours 

The pros are quick...

Last year a Saffer won this event, this year a Frenchman

https://eu.ironman.com/triathlon/events/emea/ironman/wales/results.aspx#axzz5zrgb6JS4

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke