Sign in to follow this  
J1M1

World Cup 2019

Well done Bokke. The change in game plan had the Pommies "confused". Instead of the box kicking 9 times out of 10, the Bokke decided to use the backs.

• Like 2

Well, in all honesty, I didn’t think we could pull it off. I did not for one moment think we could take them on at one of their strengths, the scrum, and pull it off. 

Rassie is a cleaver chap, I heard he made some statement just press interview. Like this.

Rassie at presser

"I don't want to sit here and try to sound clever.

"It pisses a lot of people off when you try to sound clever after the game."

Just now, vlagman said:

Well, in all honesty, I didn’t think we could pull it off. I did not for one moment think we could take them on at one of their strengths, the scrum, and pull it off. 

The funny thing is when I saw England try run it from their goal, I had a feeling then that they had little respect for their opponenent and anyone should know in a WC final, you play tight and clever and do not do that stuff.

15 minutes ago, supersupporter said:

The funny thing is when I saw England try run it from their goal, I had a feeling then that they had little respect for their opponenent and anyone should know in a WC final, you play tight and clever and do not do that stuff.

What I loved the most was when I realised that Farrell, and even Youngs as well,  clearly appeared to be rattled. 

• Like 2

what do you call an Englishman carrying a bottle of champagne after a world cup final?

waiter

3 minutes ago, taipan said:

Called this 6 weeks ago

Hands up. I wasn’t even confident enough to call it at half time. I had that “We got this one...”-feeling from early on in the game but there was a little doos on my shoulder whispering “... but we’ll probably blow it again at the end”.

It was only when Mapimpi scores his try that I managed to flush the little fucker down the loo. 

Well done to the Boks and the man in charge Rassie. Come a long way from his stadium lights days and deserves our respect. Great job today, 2nd final.loss Harry had watching vs the Boks. He'll be a green and gold fan soon 😉

What was that record no one has won  a WC final after losing a match in the early rounds? Smashed that one too. 

• Like 1

Owen Farrell is a sore loser...........:36_11_6:

8 hours ago, J1M1 said:

Owen Farrell is a sore loser...........:36_11_6:

Not just him, the entire team, especially Itoje and Sinckler for refusing to wear their medals. Farrell is probably pissed of because Cheslin made him look like a fool when he sidestepped him, I guess that is what happens when you don't know how to use your arm in a tackle.

England are without a doubt the saddest rugby team about, miserable cunts who cannot take a proper beating like true sports people. It is not like they were robbed, they were outplayed on the field and outsmarted off the field. Beaten in every aspect yesterday, I would put this win up there with some of the greatest Bok victories, they had a 20% chance of winning, bookies put England on top, little did they know that England would only have 20% of the score.

It was good to see every player put their all for 80 minutes, and it was nice of Rassie to give Herschelle Jantjies a few minutes at the end, that way every player in the side got to play in the final.

The Mapimpi try as well, that pass by Am was not needed, but unselfishly he passed to a player who was guaranteed to score. Clever play. And, anyone who thinks any passes building up to that try was forward need to check, all backwards and no drifts. Great game and for some reason this victory is up there with 95 and the 2007 one is nowhere near either. Maybe uit was the Eben accusations that made this one spoecial along with the players of colour being part of the side and their own personal stories,

I did love it when Siya was asked about dreaming of playing in the world cup, and he replied, he dreamed of his next meal and not a WC. Maybe those spoiled brats for England could learn a lesson from this and perhaps accept a loss with dignity.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, supersupporter said:

especially Itoje and Sinckler for refusing to wear their medals

Yeah what's up with that?

That is something they should look into fining.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, supersupporter said:

Not just him, the entire team, especially Itoje and Sinckler for refusing to wear their medals. Farrell is probably pissed of because Cheslin made him look like a fool when he sidestepped him, I guess that is what happens when you don't know how to use your arm in a tackle.

England are without a doubt the saddest rugby team about, miserable cunts who cannot take a proper beating like true sports people. It is not like they were robbed, they were outplayed on the field and outsmarted off the field. Beaten in every aspect yesterday, I would put this win up there with some of the greatest Bok victories, they had a 20% chance of winning, bookies put England on top, little did they know that England would only have 20% of the score.

Nothing better than seeing the Poms (and Kiwis) beaten but I get why they don't want to wear a silver medal which is a stupid idea in any event. Unlike the Olympics where there is cache for running a place no one gives a toss about runners up in world cups. For mine it is all or nothing. That said they should have been classy enough to leave them on until the left the field and then tossed them in the bin 

• Like 3

Maybe they should think "it's the last medal I'll ever get" instead of behaving like spoilt kids who got their sweeties taken away from them by those poor kids from the colonies........typical arrogance from a once proud country. 

• Like 1

Actually, i've never liked Farrell.............he's spoilt kid whose father played some rugby once upon a time. 

Watched the England post-match presser - not one mention of how good the Boks were.

so it goes

• Like 2

My best W/Cup photo...........:36_11_6:

12 years...........jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke