Sign in to follow this  
Docker

Doomsday Preppers

Twitchy nervous lot over here. Went down the local Woolworths and they were sold out of hand sanitizer, bottled water and toilet paper. Slipped across to Aldi and Coles with the same result. Only really needed the toilet paper but the coronavirus panic is kicking in here

53 minutes ago, taipan said:

How many cases in AUS now?

Getting serious in the UK now. Cases in Windsor and yesterday heard of one in Woodley, a kind of suburb right next to Reading. 

B5A32AAC-5B5C-493C-A880-A85AA6FD684F.jpeg

Edited by vlagman

1 hour ago, taipan said:

How many cases in AUS now?

30 with one fatality

Best quality stock buying opportunity since 2008........

This is an illustration of mass hysteria  - no matter how many times I wash my hands :) 

14 minutes ago, J1M1 said:

Best quality stock buying opportunity since 2008........

This is an illustration of mass hysteria  - no matter how many times I wash my hands :) 

Have to agree but the ASX kicked back hard today. I was sitting off but might have missed the boat

33 minutes ago, Docker said:

30 with one fatality

make that 34

UK has 40. Keep a safe distance Vlag given the pounding your immune system has been taking lately

12 minutes ago, Docker said:

Have to agree but the ASX kicked back hard today. I was sitting off but might have missed the boat

Same here on the JSE this morning......caught two, lost one.....but if the mania continues we might have another chance. 

22 minutes ago, J1M1 said:

Same here on the JSE this morning......caught two, lost one.....but if the mania continues we might have another chance. 

Yeah. I’m going nowhere unnecessarily. Had my third treatment of immunotherapy last Wednesday. All going ok so far. Only side effects is a slight bit of nausea once in a while. I have tablets that the GP prescribed. I take one when necessary, and it’s gone in ten minutes. I’m being treated with Pembrolizumab

That's good news Vlag! You might want to experiment with a touch of cannabis to ease the symptoms.....it worked wonders for me, although maybe it just made me forget my pain & discomfort :joint:

54 minutes ago, J1M1 said:

That's good news Vlag! You might want to experiment with a touch of cannabis to ease the symptoms.....it worked wonders for me, although maybe it just made me forget my pain & discomfort :joint:

I’m actually very lucky J1M1. All indications so far seems to be that I have dodged a bullet. I do not have any cancer symptoms. The last scans that I had was a PET scan and a liver MRI. Although neither the enlarged lymph nodes nor the  lesion on my liver have flared up as cancerous on the PET scan, it can not be ruled out conclusively as non-cancerous either. So, the immunotherapy, at this stage, is more of a preventative measure, although it is officially deemed to be palliative treatment.

The oncologist explained to me that she has, in the correspondence to my GP, described the treatment as palliative merely because she cannot say that there is no cancer in either the lymph nodes or the liver. The only way to be 100% sure is to go back to more invasive surgery to do biopsies. Even then, the treatment would be the same. 

The difference between preventative treatment and palliative treatment is that the first one is a twelve month treatment and the second one is over 24 months. I’m my case she went for the 24 month treatment only because of the uncertainty. I am having my next scan in a month. 

To get back to your cannabis suggestion, I would rather hold back on that since I have no pain at all. The only issue is the slightly limited use of my left arm due to the axillary dissection that was done in October. I have a permanent numbness in my left armpit and I have a loss of some strength in my left shoulder when I have to lift my arm beyond shoulder height. I also have some limited movement of my left arm above shoulder height. All of this is permanent and not at all painful and no amount of dagga will cure that. :36_11_6:

Best news of the week!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Docker said:

a working example of mass hysteria - Annheiser Busch #1 brewer globally went from R1100/share to R880/share on the JSE......because the mass-market somehow equates the Corona Beer brand to the virus - you really can't make this up!!

7 hours ago, WeDaFaKaWe said:

A good thing the Toyota Corona is off the market then.

Ja, and it's from Japan...........

• Haha 1

Hahahaha. Haven’t laughed so much on Twitter in a long time. I read the opening tweet and thought WTF? I was about to move on but then checked the replies to the tweet. I haven’t even finished yet but wanted to post it on here first. Check out the replies on the thread. It’s hilarious. 

The really funny tweets are those that take it seriously

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Haha 2

Only in France...............

french........jpg

what goes down, always goes up......eventually.

FWIW Some historical figures from the JSE -

JSE stock market.png

“How can we hope to control this pandemic when Trump’s xenophobic science denial is clearly to blame?”

An 8 year old said this? Really?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WeDaFaKaWe said:

“How can we hope to control this pandemic when Trump’s xenophobic science denial is clearly to blame?”

An 8 year old said this? Really?

He was obviously parroting what he heard at school or in the media.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke