Sign in to follow this  
Docker

Doomsday Preppers

4 hours ago, Docker said:

Can you smoke in the pub in SA?

I don't know what the current legislation is exactly, but most places used to have smoking and non smoking sections, with the smoking sections not allowed to be  more than a certain % (way less than 50%)...in our local pubs the non smoking sections are totally empty while the smoking section is full.

I see restaurants don't have smoking sections anymore...only small smoking rooms...It has become a bit absurd...glad I don't have to deal with the hassle anymore. 

I think it is banned totally, but on the other hand I do drink with a couple of high ranking cops

1 hour ago, DbDraad said:

I don't know what the current legislation is exactly, but most places used to have smoking and non smoking sections, with the smoking sections not allowed to be  more than a certain % (way less than 50%)...in our local pubs the non smoking sections are totally empty while the smoking section is full.

I see restaurants don't have smoking sections anymore...only small smoking rooms...It has become a bit absurd...glad I don't have to deal with the hassle anymore. 

Have to go outside here and then move away from the entrance. Been like that for sometime now. 

I used to smoke cigars and the cigarette smoke at pubs never bothered me but when we go to Bali, Thailand etc you can smoke where you like my initial reaction is outrage when someone fires up a gasper nearby (then I remember where I am).

1 hour ago, taipan said:

I think it is banned totally, but on the other hand I do drink with a couple of high ranking cops

Always handy to be on good terms with the law. Do they tip you off as to where the booze buses might be?

1 hour ago, Docker said:

Always handy to be on good terms with the law. Do they tip you off as to where the booze buses might be?

More C.I.D.

They're arresting surfers for social distancing in this cuntry.............if ever there was a socially distanced sport it's gotta be surfing! 

This is beyond ridiculous!!

SAPS surfer.jpg

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2020 at 9:37 AM, J1M1 said:

They're arresting surfers for social distancing in this cuntry.............if ever there was a socially distanced sport it's gotta be surfing! 

This is beyond ridiculous!!

SAPS surfer.jpg

Mixed bag over here - you can't go surfing, fishing or play golf in Victoria but you can everywhere else.

In Western Australia where I am we have closed (hard) borders with other states and internally between regions - you need a valid reason to be crossing a border (essential worker or medical). If you fly in from overseas they lock you in a hotel room for 14 days at the taxpayers expense and you have to be tested at least twice. We have had one new case in eight days and have 15 active cases in total so I think it is time to get cracking and try and salvage the economy 

• Thanks 1

On 5/2/2020 at 12:22 PM, DbDraad said:

I see restaurants don't have smoking sections anymore...only small smoking rooms...It has become a bit absurd.

I think it's absolutely BS. My wife and I don't go out to eat anymore since they started with this nonsense.

If she wants a smoke she has to wander off into the parking lot or 'smoking room', while I sit like an fool at the table and wait for her to get back.

5 hours ago, WeDaFaKaWe said:

I think it's absolutely BS. My wife and I don't go out to eat anymore since they started with this nonsense.

If she wants a smoke she has to wander off into the parking lot or 'smoking room', while I sit like an fool at the table and wait for her to get back.

Been doing that for years with my hubbie and child. Now I sit in the smoking area such as open verandah etc otherwise I spend half the night on my own. 

Going back to work at the office tomorrow. Been working at home full time since 20 March - good thing is now I get my temp measured daily haha...and any vitamin injections I require free of charge...has its advantages LOL...as for the cigs...well a contact I asked said he would ask some or other Polices Station Commander to get 6 cartons to be shared between us...ja well no fine...

• Like 1

Here i sit broken-hearted, came to talk crap & noone even farted..........:)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, J1M1 said:

How is the smoking going?

3 hours ago, taipan said:

Bad this side and you? Paid r 900 for carton Winston which I gather is cheap in the jail time that we are. R 400 for a bottle Richleu. How is the Pineapple Beer

Edited by Mata Hari

4 hours ago, J1M1 said:

We were having a braai. At least one of the joys we still have left

15 hours ago, taipan said:

Still off the gaspers.

Bought a Rebel 2 yesterday - should have consulted first

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Docker said:

Still off the gaspers.

Bought a Rebel 2 yesterday - should have consulted first

What is a Rebel 2?

i am almost 4 weeks now

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mata Hari said:

Bad this side and you? Paid r 900 for carton Winston which I gather is cheap in the jail time that we are. R 400 for a bottle Richleu. How is the Pineapple Beer

Pineapple beer is almost finished. Hopefully level 3 this week

1 hour ago, taipan said:

What is a Rebel 2?

i am almost 4 weeks now

Good job on the cigarettes

Rebel 2 is one of Pentairs offerings

6 hours ago, taipan said:

What is a Rebel 2?

i am almost 4 weeks now

Four weeks!

i'm down to 23 Stuyvesant..........now smoking half & saving half for the next fix...........maybe i'll make it before this crap ends - in Cyril we have to trust - NOT!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, J1M1 said:

Four weeks!

i'm down to 23 Stuyvesant..........now smoking half & saving half for the next fix...........maybe i'll make it before this crap ends - in Cyril we have to trust - NOT!!

23 a day? From? shame man. Hubbie down to about 30 a day and youngest makes 10 when mom is in charge, 15 when dad is in charge 😁. I see more people digging for stompies than food.

10 hours ago, Docker said:

Good job on the cigarettes

Rebel 2 is one of Pentairs offerings

Ah, it’s the Dominator in South Africa. Good cleaner.

1 hour ago, Mata Hari said:

23 a day? From? shame man. Hubbie down to about 30 a day and youngest makes 10 when mom is in charge, 15 when dad is in charge 😁. I see more people digging for stompies than food.

According to this silly app I have, have saved over 2.3k

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mata Hari said:

No, 23 left from 300...........usually my limit is 6 a day. Now down to 3 a day - 6 halves..........

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, taipan said:

Ah, it’s the Dominator in South Africa. Good cleaner.

Yep - going good so far. Can't climb the walls as promised but you don't always get what you want

37 minutes ago, J1M1 said:

No, 23 left from 300...........usually my limit is 6 a day. Now down to 3 a day - 6 halves..........

Shouldn’t be too bad to stop from there.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke