Sign in to follow this  
Docker

Doomsday Preppers

Just now, Docker said:

Yep - going good so far. Can't climb the walls as promised but you don't always get what you want

That’s odd. Seen it climb walls.

Just now, taipan said:

That’s odd. Seen it climb walls.

Might be a pressure issue. I checked the valve flow and didn't make the minimum. The pump is 1hp and less than a year old - should be plenty according to what I read 

6 minutes ago, Docker said:

Might be a pressure issue. I checked the valve flow and didn't make the minimum. The pump is 1hp and less than a year old - should be plenty according to what I read 

.75 kw should be plenty. Must be some issue affecting the pressure.

34 minutes ago, taipan said:

.75 kw should be plenty. Must be some issue affecting the pressure.

Thanks for that. I will get the pool bloke around who sold me all the gear and he can sort it out

9 hours ago, taipan said:

Shouldn’t be too bad to stop from there.

It's the breaking of the habit thing - the habit of 1st cup of coffee + fag; a scotch +fag etc...........actually i admit i'm feeling a lot better for the reduced nicotine intake. 

2 hours ago, J1M1 said:

It's the breaking of the habit thing - the habit of 1st cup of coffee + fag; a scotch +fag etc...........actually i admit i'm feeling a lot better for the reduced nicotine intake. 

To be honest, I can’t really notice any difference

Some good news at last. 

Apparently the ban on cigarettes and alcohol will be partly lifted on Wednesday.  They will be allowed to sell matches and ice.

• Haha 1

Die verbod op drank gaan Donderdag aand opgehef  word. Hulle baklei nog oor die sigarette.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Owen Meany said:

Die verbod op drank gaan Donderdag aand opgehef  word. Hulle baklei nog oor die sigarette.

Asseblief!!!!!!

I still cannot understand the rationale behind this  ban and tobacco and liquor. What’s the point?

I can understand the initial ban. But that is long gone.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vlagman said:

I still cannot understand the rationale behind this  ban and tobacco and liquor. What’s the point?

Nobody has an answer

6 minutes ago, J1M1 said:

Nobody has an answer

No surprise there. 😀

11 hours ago, Owen Meany said:

Wanneer laas het jy 'n lekker bier gedrink? Ek kan nie glo "n alledaagse ding soos 'n bier in die kroeg is skielik iets uit die verre verlede. Belaglik! En ons laat dit toe nogal...swak Piketberg, swak!

15 hours ago, vlagman said:

I think some governments (especially left leaning) enjoy micro managing peoples lives on the basis they know better and don't like to relinquish that power. I am a libertarian and think people should be able to make stupid decisions provided the impact on others is minimal. The reality is that only the frail, infirm or persons otherwise medically compromised are at serious risk from Covid 19 - it is time to get on with life albeit in a socially distanced modified form. No one seems to be calculating the number of lives saved from the reduction of the incidence of influenza or number of traffic accidents/deaths. If governments really want to protect us from harm stop us from driving our cars at more than 40kms per hour. 

Back in the oil crisis of the 70’s the speed limit was reduced to 80 and petrol stations closed from 6pm Friday until Monday morning. Strangely there was no crying about civil liberties then.

10 hours ago, DbDraad said:

Wanneer laas het jy 'n lekker bier gedrink? Ek kan nie glo "n alledaagse ding soos 'n bier in die kroeg is skielik iets uit die verre verlede. Belaglik! En ons laat dit toe nogal...swak Piketberg, swak!

Hello Draad. Ek is al n week sonder bier maar het nog baie rooiwyn vir die pyn. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, vlagman said:

Dit was aanvanklik ingestel sodat ons SASSA landgenote nie al hul geld uitsuip nie. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Docker said:

I think some governments (especially left leaning) enjoy micro managing peoples lives on the basis they know better and don't like to relinquish that power. I am a libertarian and think people should be able to make stupid decisions provided the impact on others is minimal. The reality is that only the frail, infirm or persons otherwise medically compromised are at serious risk from Covid 19 - it is time to get on with life albeit in a socially distanced modified form. No one seems to be calculating the number of lives saved from the reduction of the incidence of influenza or number of traffic accidents/deaths. If governments really want to protect us from harm stop us from driving our cars at more than 40kms per hour. 

There is absolutely nothing in there that I can disagree with. This whole Micro managing  is the mother of all fuckups. That is what gives birth to the nanny state. 

Edited by vlagman

3 hours ago, taipan said:

Back in the oil crisis of the 70’s the speed limit was reduced to 80 and petrol stations closed from 6pm Friday until Monday morning. Strangely there was no crying about civil liberties then.

Wasn’t it even 70 kph? It’s not important though. Seventy or eighty the one was a shit as the other. 

I started my military service in the mid 70s and it caused a major kak. I was stationed in Porchefstroom and lived in Witbank. A few mates were in Middelburg. One of them had a Beetle. So whenever we had weekend pass, four of us got into the. Beetle. They dropped me off in Witbank and then picked me up on Sunday to go back. My dad had a 25 litre pvc container for petrol, that was filled up, so on Sunday we quickly filled the Beetle to get back to camp. No safety hazard there. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Owen Meany said:

Dit was aanvanklik ingestel sodat ons SASSA landgenote nie al hul geld uitsuip nie. 

SASSA, Owen? Wat is dit? Is dit ‘n nuwe een, of ‘n oue wat ek net vergeet het? 

3 hours ago, taipan said:

That was sleepy Perth until about 15 years ago. Now they are all open 24/7 but are now convenience stores that also happen to sell petrol. Good luck if you have a mechanical issue like a flat tyre. All self serve and now even let you pay by phone at the pump (phone has to stay in the car)

2 hours ago, vlagman said:

Wasn’t it even 70 kph? It’s not important though. Seventy or eighty the one was a shit as the other. 

I started my military service in the mid 70s and it caused a major kak. I was stationed in Porchefstroom and lived in Witbank. A few mates were in Middelburg. One of them had a Beetle. So whenever we had weekend pass, four of us got into the. Beetle. They dropped me off in Witbank and then picked me up on Sunday to go back. My dad had a 25 litre pvc container for petrol, that was filled up, so on Sunday we quickly filled the Beetle to get back to camp. No safety hazard there. 

60 kph in towns and 80 on the open road. And Cafes couldn’t sell toilet paper after 12 on Saturday. TV was non existent and radio heavily censored. Numerous books and LPs were banned. 

But that was a nationalist Afrikaner government and they would never fuck with civil liberties.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke