Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Docker

Doomsday Preppers

Recommended Posts

Ja, but what i forgot to mention was that i'd gone into what the locals called "a scrumpy palace".... there were old boys there with no teeth...i'm told they'd rotted from the scrumpy. They were very definitely "Deliverance" type old-boys....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J1M1 said:

Ja, but what i forgot to mention was that i'd gone into what the locals called "a scrumpy palace".... there were old boys there with no teeth...i'm told they'd rotted from the scrumpy. They were very definitely "Deliverance" type old-boys....

Should’ve spent a little less on scrumpy and a little more on dental care. :bounce:Then again. You don’t need teeth to drink scrumpy. 

Edited by vlagman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, taipan said:

A touch on the sweet side.

Well, i'd say it's a very good start from ground zero. i'm guessing that you can always adjust the sugar level.

i can just see this: Taipan Bespoke Artesanal Pineapple Lager - 

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2020 at 5:19 PM, taipan said:

3 lagers is only half of a rugby game.

On a slow day, yes.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2020 at 10:50 AM, taipan said:

I think I drink at 4.5%

 

Castle Light and Lion are both 4%. I prefer the Lions...Like Hansa @4.5%. Amstel, Stella and some orher imports at around 5% issnt bad either, but I have found that I don't like Black Label anymore for some odd reason.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am on Hansa. Black Lanel is stronger. Particularly the draught 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, taipan said:

I am on Hansa. Black Lanel is stronger. Particularly the draught 

Before we left SA, I was on Pilsner Urquell or Hansa something Gold. I never liked the ordinary Hansa, for some odd reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ramaphosa has achieved the impossible by making Trump look trustworthy.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, taipan said:

Ramaphosa has achieved the impossible by making Trump look trustworthy.

That’s fuck all. Wait till he makes Skeletor Pelosi look trustworthy, then we can talk. 😀 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, taipan said:

Luckily I just bumped into 2 cases of Hansa with my name on.

Lock-down price?

I can't get beer here...waiting for some vodka...not too excited about that, but it must be better than non-alcoholic beer...I'm contemplating rather switching over to water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have enough alcohol in the house..well put it this way...I do. About 3 full bottles of Gin with all the mix variants one can wish for. as I told Dock, I only drink on social occasions and lockdown is not social. Hubbie and I both work most of the day so keeps us busy. The cigs however are now a different story for the smokers in my house...Have you given up yet Taipan??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, DbDraad said:

Lock-down price?

I can't get beer here...waiting for some vodka...not too excited about that, but it must be better than non-alcoholic beer...I'm contemplating rather switching over to water.

Nah, just have to replace when lockdown is over. Good deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mata Hari said:

We have enough alcohol in the house..well put it this way...I do. About 3 full bottles of Gin with all the mix variants one can wish for. as I told Dock, I only drink on social occasions and lockdown is not social. Hubbie and I both work most of the day so keeps us busy. The cigs however are now a different story for the smokers in my house...Have you given up yet Taipan??

Haven’t smoked for 9 days

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mata Hari said:

We have enough alcohol in the house..well put it this way...I do. About 3 full bottles of Gin with all the mix variants one can wish for. as I told Dock, I only drink on social occasions and lockdown is not social. Hubbie and I both work most of the day so keeps us busy. The cigs however are now a different story for the smokers in my house...Have you given up yet Taipan??

I only drink on days ending in Y

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, taipan said:

Haven’t smoked for 9 days

Good effort. Apparently more addictive than a lot of illegal narcotics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Docker said:

Good effort. Apparently more addictive than a lot of illegal narcotics

that's the truth!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Docker said:

Good effort. Apparently more addictive than a lot of illegal narcotics

Rough after a meal and first th8ng in the morning

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, taipan said:

Rough after a meal and first th8ng in the morning

 

11 March was 2 years for me...first 2 days...then 2 months...I was OK after 10 months...fine after 18 months...but I went to the pub regularly in the beginning...lank eerie drinking a beer without lighting a cig...forced myself into situations I associated with smoking from day one...first beer at a bar/pub was the hardest.

Edited by DbDraad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, taipan said:

I think the pubs being closed has helped.

Can you smoke in the pub in SA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Docker said:

Can you smoke in the pub in SA?

Not legally. But I know most of the owners of the pubs I frequent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • Forum Statistics

    11,742
    Total Topics
    398,658
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    20
    Total Members
    2,160
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...