Docker

Doomsday Preppers

22 hours ago, Mata Hari said:

And 1 pm on saturdays you will save weight and a fortune 😉

Pubs close at 6 on Saturdays

34 minutes ago, Mata Hari said:

My bad

😁

The other worrying is how much crap I’ve got on my extendable. Only just month I rewatched all the Craig Bond motives in anticipation of the new release which has now been postponed.

Anyway Star Wars IX done, maybe onto 1917 next.

Edited by taipan
  • Haha 1

My neighbor was around this morning asking about social distancing, he wanted to know if I think it's safe for him to allow his wife back in the house. 

Edited by WeDaFaKaWe
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, taipan said:

😁

The other worrying is how much crap I’ve got on my extendable. Only just month I rewatched all the Craig Bond motives in anticipation of the new release which has now been postponed.

Anyway Star Wars IX done, maybe onto 1917 next.

Accumulation of digital clutter is amazing.

Watched Star Wars 8 Friday night as a recap and Star Wars 9 Saturday.

Unfortunately only have real spare time over weekends, I just try read 1 hr a day in my after hours time but now...no gardener...no housemaid...the house does not bother me...wash machine, dishwasher, husband m-i-l and youngest...everyone does their bit but of course I do most of everyone's bit that's how it works.....the garden..well that's my favourite place and only have between 5pm and dark in the evenings to tend to whatever needs tending...and we only had a gardener 1x a week so with all the rains...the grass has grown, the weeds have flourished...I'm actually enjoying my 1 hr a day in the garden...

AND working at home today...I got to hear all the birds in my garden which I don't get to hear 5 days a week in the office...

😉

6 hours ago, WeDaFaKaWe said:

My neighbor was around this morning asking about social distancing, he wanted to know if I think it's safe for him to allow his wife back in the house. 

rotflmao...shame....

I got a nice little surprise txt message earlier today. I have to admit that I was half expecting it. The announcement was made over the weekend.

”NHS Coronavirus Service: We have identified that you're someone at risk of severe illness if you catch Coronavirus. Please remain at home for a minimum of 12 weeks. Home is the safest place for you. Staying in helps you stay well and that will help the NHS too. You can open a window but do not leave your home, and stay 3 steps away from others indoors. Wash your hands more often, for at least 20 seconds.

Read more advice about staying safe at home.
https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable-guidance

We will send you more messages with information.

To opt out reply STOP”

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vlagman said:

I got a nice little surprise txt message earlier today. I have to admit that I was half expecting it. The announcement was made over the weekend.

”NHS Coronavirus Service: We have identified that you're someone at risk of severe illness if you catch Coronavirus. Please remain at home for a minimum of 12 weeks. Home is the safest place for you. Staying in helps you stay well and that will help the NHS too. You can open a window but do not leave your home, and stay 3 steps away from others indoors. Wash your hands more often, for at least 20 seconds.

Read more advice about staying safe at home.
https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable-guidance

We will send you more messages with information.

To opt out reply STOP”

I think we will be following you into full lockdown tomorrow. Going to be a messy period.

2 hours ago, Docker said:

I think we will be following you into full lockdown tomorrow. Going to be a messy period.

I don’t see any other option

• Like 1

a serious scrum at the local liquor store.......closed from Friday. Yes, I did some "panic buying":28_1_19:

3 hours ago, taipan said:

I don’t see any other option

Yep - other 2,000 cases here now.

4 minutes ago, WeDaFaKaWe said:

Good one Docker

Gallows humour.

4 hours ago, J1M1 said:

a serious scrum at the local liquor store.......closed from Friday. Yes, I did some "panic buying":28_1_19:

I debated doing that but then realized the house is too small

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, taipan said:

I debated doing that but then realized the house is too small

How nice would it have been if the SA supermarkets sold liquor like in the U.K.  😀

13 hours ago, vlagman said:

How nice would it have been if the SA supermarkets sold liquor like in the U.K.  😀

It would result in a LOT of wild debauchery, fist & knife fights and various other activities...........:joint:

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, vlagman said:

We can buy dop at P&P except on Sundays

Edited by WeDaFaKaWe

Now apartheid doesn't sound that bad.

Nam friend of mine came for her mom's funeral, now can't leave dad for 3 weeks. From your neck of the woods Weda. 

Now apartheid doesn't sound that bad.

You guys still doing OK? Hit past 700 today....going to exponential soon....

We're not sure what's going on Mata.

Here's a quote from yesterdays English daily:

"Namibia has tested more than 26 people for Covid-19, with seven positive results."

Here's a link to the report: https://www.namibian.com.na/89595/read/LOCKDOWN-Khomas-Erongo-under-lock-and-key

In fact I'm not even sure we can test people here, we have to send all out samples to SA.

But the good news is that I'm still allowed to walk my dogs on Sunday. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, WeDaFaKaWe said:

We're not sure what's going on Mata.

Here's a quote from yesterdays English daily:

"Namibia has tested more than 26 people for Covid-19, with seven positive results."

Here's a link to the report: https://www.namibian.com.na/89595/read/LOCKDOWN-Khomas-Erongo-under-lock-and-key

In fact I'm not even sure we can test people here, we have to send all out samples to SA.

But the good news is that I'm still allowed to walk my dogs on Sunday. 

My wife would also like to walk her dog but she can’t. The NHS has ordered me to stay indoors for 12 weeks. 😀

• Haha 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke