Sign in to follow this  
taipan

So SANZAAR stitch up the Boks again

All the time when SA were complaining about travelling it was rubbished as bullshit. Now what?

Under this system we are still traveling twice as much. Time we pulled out and let NZ rugby sink.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, taipan said:

Under this system we are still traveling twice as much. Time we pulled out and let NZ rugby sink.

along with their refs, linesmen & commentators...........

9 hours ago, taipan said:

At least 90% of Australia won't notice

• Like 1

Speaking of Aus, I see Eddie lost plot again on Saturday

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, taipan said:

Speaking of Aus, I see Eddie lost plot again on Saturday

One of the worst cases of short term charisma disease you will ever see.

Looks like the virus could have killed superrugby

18 hours ago, taipan said:

Looks like the virus could have killed superrugby

maybe just as well..............?

Oh, for sure. Reading reports how NZ rugby think they will be better off by themselves. No idea where the money is coming from.

4 hours ago, taipan said:

Oh, for sure. Reading reports how NZ rugby think they will be better off by themselves. No idea where the money is coming from.

I wish they would, for once, follow through on their threats. Not for the rest of the rugby world to see how fucked up the idea is, but for them to see for themselves

They just do not understand that not every other country in the world is in the same position as them, where everybody watches rugby and some other sport. They do not understand that there are a hell of a lot of sports fans who watch a hell of a lot of sports and rugby. 

For some reason they think NZ rugby would be a big TV sport in the USA.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, taipan said:

For some reason they think NZ rugby would be a big TV sport in the USA.

I have recently caught in interest in NFL and started delving into it. Helped along by my eldest’s interest in it, I may add. 

In the process I started watching the Pat McAfee show. He used to be a punter for the Colts. Obviously the entire show is all about NFL but Pat is someone who follows all kinds of sport. Not too long ago, he mentioned that he started having a look into Docker’s game AFL. In the process hé came across an American guy who is a big name in AFL and he interviewed him online. Very interesting stuff.  

19 hours ago, vlagman said:

I have recently caught in interest in NFL and started delving into it. Helped along by my eldest’s interest in it, I may add. 

In the process I started watching the Pat McAfee show. He used to be a punter for the Colts. Obviously the entire show is all about NFL but Pat is someone who follows all kinds of sport. Not too long ago, he mentioned that he started having a look into Docker’s game AFL. In the process hé came across an American guy who is a big name in AFL and he interviewed him online. Very interesting stuff.  

The American is Mason Cox who is a very tall lad (211 cms) and is handy when the conditions suit (weather fine track fast). Gets a game on merit but is a little hot and cold.

There are a lot of Aussie punters in the NFL and college system. From memory 3-4 in the NFL and at least 10 in college. Sweet gig being on special teams and getting very well paid for 2-3 mins work per game.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Docker said:

There are a lot of Aussie punters in the NFL and college system. From memory 3-4 in the NFL and at least 10 in college. Sweet gig being on special teams and getting very well paid for 2-3 mins work per game. 

Yeah. That’s what got Pat McAfee to check out AFL. He was a punter himself and is heavily involved in college football and the combines where he gets in touch with prospective NFL punters. They were the ones telling him about AFL and Mason Cox and then he started fishing around before having the chat with Cox in the video clip. 

18 hours ago, vlagman said:

Yeah. That’s what got Pat McAfee to check out AFL. He was a punter himself and is heavily involved in college football and the combines where he gets in touch with prospective NFL punters. They were the ones telling him about AFL and Mason Cox and then he started fishing around before having the chat with Cox in the video clip. 

Some of the Aussie lads use the "drop punt" (common in AFL and rugby) instead of the usual torpedos traditionally used - did mess the punt returners in the early days as they weren't used to the trajectory of the ball turning end on end.

There are a couple of non punter Aussies in the NFL. Both are massive units but Jordan Mailata is something else - the lad is 203 cms and around 160 kgs with not much bad weight. Reasonable straight line speed but no wind tank hence why Russell Crowe moved him on from the Rabbitohs in the NRL. I don't think he has played a game in the NFL yet but has been on the list for a couple of years 

Looks like the kiwis are getting a tad desperate .................living on an island too long?

They may find that their new bosses demand that they DO need to play against the Boks, Wallabies etc :28_1_19:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke