Sign in to follow this  
taipan

Thank fuck. Super rugby is done

i agree, it will be good to see the end of this shit, and the Kiwis are big mouth about doing it themselves, let's see how well they do with their small crowds, no money and then seeing their players flock to where the money is. I am not sure how they will survive, someone once told me that South Africa have been underwriting this competition for years.

England really fucked them up in the World Cup, they need to get rid of any team who can get into their head space pre-world cups.

They're so arrogant! They are going to learn that they are not the centre of world rugby - like we did during sports sanctions. Everybody needs everybody, especially in the fast changing sports world. What works today won't work tomorrow.

• Like 1

NZ have always felt they are a cut above the rest, and World Rugby often let them be. I would struggle to see how they will manage with a new concept that doe snot include the money makers from SA and Japan.

• Like 1

The big loser here is AUS rugby as NZ are telling them how crap they are. Exactly who does NZ think they are going to play against?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, taipan said:

The big loser here is AUS rugby as NZ are telling them how crap they are. Exactly who does NZ think they are going to play against?

That and the economics of the proposal. The Saffer money is leaving and the Aussie money is already flagged to be dramatically reduced even if things were to be unchanged. The Pacifika team will need to be subsidised so good luck Kiwis trying to keep AB salaries at their current level. 

• Like 1

I foresee a major player exodus to Europe unless they go the US route and play their own World Series. Being one of the most inaccessible countries in the world is great for Covid but not so good for major sport

• Like 2

A simple solution - Super Sport must discontinue their sponsorship.

1 hour ago, taipan said:

Fits right in at RA.

RA, who had no money or broadcast deal and mounting debts, are about to sign up a 16 year old kid on a $AUD3 million deal for three years. The NRL, who are cashed up by comparison, offered the kid $1.7 million. The kid can't play NRL until he is 18. The woke front office sacked the only star they had and they are now all in on this kid being a superstar 

Edited by Docker

2 hours ago, J1M1 said:

A simple solution - Super Sport must discontinue their sponsorship.

The problem is SA rugby are now saying NZ is contractually bound to super rugby and cannot unilaterally pull out

• Sad 1

I was watching a Hurricane vs Blues game the other night, after the lock down and limited rugby and if they think they can sustain their game with all those empty seats, and it was not social distance spacing, there were groups all together, then they are in big shit. Struggling to get a crowd to a game after all that has gone on..shame.

They think they have a great product because of the TV numbers. They forget that they are basically the only people playing

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke