Sign in to follow this  
Mata Hari

RIP Vlagman

I have told all those forummers for whom i have contact details. One or two dont fit on the message so maybe better to leave our tributes here. RIP Vlagman (Rieel)_ maybe tonight we can all drink a toast to your friendship and sporting knowledge on this forum. I know it's not a time to party but i also know you would probably want it this way

😪🍷🍺🍻 RIP

Edited by Mata Hari
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

I am going to miss Vlagman, he was always the Devil's advocate for me on this site, he enjoyed a good debate and even though he and I especially clashed often, it was never personal, just a difference of opinion. RIP young man! gone too soon, say Hi to Hawkeye for us.

• Like 1

The recent news didn’t sound good but one always hopes. R.I.P. Vlag, one of the better posters.

• Like 2

“I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.”  Winston Churchill

Well played Vlagman

• Like 3

So tragic. Rest In Peace Vlag.

• Like 2

Ek en hy het ook gereeld gehaak (in die ou dae), maar ek het gewoond geraak aan hom...en hom begin verstaan...seker een van die lojaalste mense wat jy sal teëkom. Ek gaan hom baie mis...hy was 'n goeie ou met integriteit...die eerste ou wat ek op die net ontmoet het wat dadelik sou erken as hy verkeerd was...maar hy het dit so gehaat om verkeerd te wees dat dit selde gebeur het...hy het seker gemaak van sy feite voor hy sy nek uitgesteek het...'n man met ruggraat en 'n ken wat 'n hou kon vat...mooiloop Vlagman.

• Like 2

Strangely enough, allowing for my God given talent, for pissing people off, I can’t remember the two of us having a cross word. We didn’t necessarily agree on everything, but respected each other’s integrity. Or maybe he just tolerated me. Will be missed.

• Like 2

He played the ball and not the man...he listened to what was said and not who said it...and he was your friend and a loyal one at that.

He was my friend too...I'm struggling to take the news to Ruckers...I know Moz, Bob, Beenz and Card must be told, but I'm not good at these things...Shit!!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WeDaFaKaWe said:

Rest in peace Vlag, say "Howzit to Hawk"

Klop!

• Like 1

Such sad news! He will be missed. His point of view and opinion was always worth the time.

It cannot be easy for a family who've relocated & are away from "home".........

He'll live on in his posts on this forum (and others) and in our memories.

• Like 1

Hannes from f1 forum is in contact with his sons. He will let us know anything about a memorial. I will post the info here 

• Like 1

Received from Hannes this evening. Funeral service is next Thursday 20 August 10 am UK time.

There will be a live weblink, I will not post it here but will post it on the message board rather for then anyone who wants to follow

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mata Hari said:

Seems as if live webcast only. Not sure there will be a recording. RIP Rieel

That was my kind of send off - short and to the point. Very well done to the family. 

• Like 1

For those who could not make the service today.

Short with a few good memories of their spouse, father, friend

And a few of Vlag's favourite songs

- we all know he loved this song

Ecclesiastes 3

King James Version

3 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

And finished off with this song. One of my favourites, and now I  will never hear it again without it being in the memory of Vlag.

To all who knew him, loved him, had him as a friend...this is for you

"Time's tide can not erase the memories we have of him, and our time with him"

Our sincere condolences to his family 

Cheers Vlag

Edited by Mata Hari
  • Thanks 2

Ok for those who missed the service and want to go see it_ within 3 days you can go login using the details i messaged you all, it will be up for 28 days.

4 hours ago, taipan said:

Thanks.. 3 or 28?

Will be up within 3 days and then available for 28 days. Was not up this morning when i checked, thats why they say will be up within 3 days. Once up will be available for 28 days. 

I will also be getting the funeral letter by e mail if someone wants a copy send me the message with your e mail addy. Sydney the eldest son does respond to messages on his dad's phone number_ i sent the UK number by message to all here if you wanted to send him a message. It was mentioned the  relevance and import of the forums in his life and vice versa and the support he and the family received in the last weeks. So i am sure Sydney will keep responding a short while to messages. If anyone needs the no again_ if i have missed anyone out just yell

Edited by Mata Hari

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke