Sign in to follow this  
WeDaFaKaWe

Trump

10 hours ago, J1M1 said:

Why the shock/horror that dear donald has covid?

Maybe it's a ploy for a sympathy vote................

Believe me i dont  wish the jackass dead. Just as i didnt wish it on Boris or Cyril_ a country needs a leader even if i dont think much of the leader. I am just sorry he never showed respect to the 200k americans who have died. I hope he feels badly enough to maybe feel some empathy for someone. But knowing thr big mouth narcisist i am sure he will come out of this a 'winner'. The only way he knows_ all focus on him. Watch this space

16 hours ago, Mata Hari said:

I am just sorry he never showed respect to the 200k americans who have died. I hope he feels badly enough to maybe feel some empathy for someone.

100% What a sad joke he is..........I'm sure Dr. Fauchi won't get an apology either. If i had the money i'd launch a lawsuit against Trump, Johnson & Bolsenaro for crimes against humanity.

An article on CNN was interesting. The commentator proposed the theory that amongst the countries with the highest Covid 19 rates were countries that somehow felt they were superior to the rest of the world: he listed the United Kingdom, the USA, Brazil (where they still believe God is a Brazilian) and Chile.............the macho man global leaders? :36_11_13:

You must remember CNN is the anti-fox. Left wing, wokeist, snowflakes rule

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 3:05 PM, taipan said:

Yep, more whites are shot but the argument is that blacks are only 17% of the population. Of course the other fact that never never gets mentioned is that blacks commit far more than 17% of the crime.

Exactly, I saw a stat that they are only what you say, yet 53% of the crime committed in the USA is committed by blacks.

1 hour ago, supersupporter said:

Exactly, I saw a stat that they are only what you say, yet 53% of the crime committed in the USA is committed by blacks.

Exactly my point

17 hours ago, taipan said:

Yep - no such thing as reporting the news in the US anymore - just editorials depending upon your view.

CNN have published so much false narrative it is become a joke. If Trump gets rolled they will have nothing to report

17 hours ago, J1M1 said:

An article on CNN was interesting. The commentator proposed the theory that amongst the countries with the highest Covid 19 rates were countries that somehow felt they were superior to the rest of the world: he listed the United Kingdom, the USA, Brazil (where they still believe God is a Brazilian) and Chile.............the macho man global leaders? :36_11_13:

He failed to mention that ignoring city states and minor principalities the countries with the highest rates of testing in the world generally have higher rates of infection (see Israel, UK, USA). Not sure it is a mere coincidence. Much easier to shut down places like Andorra, Gilbraltar, Luxembourg, Monaco, Bermuda, Iceland etc than Brazil etc   

Edited by Docker

21 minutes ago, Docker said:

He failed to mention that ignoring city states and minor principalities the countries with the highest rates of testing in the world generally have higher rates of infection (see Israel, UK, USA). Not sure it is a mere coincidence. Much easier to shut down places like Andorra, Gilbraltar, Luxembourg, Monaco, Bermuda, Iceland etc than Brazil etc   

Correct, there have been far. Ore infections than reported.  Most  asymtomatic cases have escaped the radar. The UK graphs are interesting. Infections are now far greater than the peak,  but deaths are Well down.

21 hours ago, taipan said:

IMHO anything is better than FOX.............excluding the SABC

3 hours ago, Docker said:

The issue is that those "city states & minor principalities" don't regard themselves as superior or any way better than any other nation........

2 minutes ago, J1M1 said:

IMHO anything is better than FOX.............excluding the SABC

Exactly. Fox and CNN. Two sides of the same coin.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J1M1 said:

The issue is that those "city states & minor principalities" don't regard themselves as superior or any way better than any other nation........

Not sure about Luxembourg and Monaco.

Just now, taipan said:

Exactly. Fox and CNN. Two sides of the same coin.

it means we actually have no unbiased news reporting..... we have to sift through the bias & garbage of every report. Our ideas of "truth" need to be revised! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taipan said:

Not sure about Luxembourg and Monaco.

add the Vatican.........:)

Just now, J1M1 said:

it means we actually have no unbiased news reporting..... we have to sift through the bias & garbage of every report. Our ideas of "truth" need to be revised! 

True, and don’t get me started on BBC and Sky

• Like 1

3 hours ago, taipan said:

Correct, there have been far. Ore infections than reported.  Most  asymtomatic cases have escaped the radar. The UK graphs are interesting. Infections are now far greater than the peak,  but deaths are Well down.

The reporting of Covid deaths needs some clarity. As I understand it if you have Covid when you die but have been dying of cancer for ten years the cause of death is recorded as Covid despite the fact that you probably would have died in the Covid period in any event. Of course Covid can hasten death in some cases. I suspect that deaths are down while infections are up as we are better protecting (shielding) those people with compromised health. Singapore has had 57,000 infections and 27 deaths as the infections have been limited to guest workers aged between 20-50. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, J1M1 said:

Not sure an editorial on CNN by a single commentator counts as universally held view by all US and UK citizens. Arrogance is not limited to those two locales. The same CNN declared Michael Cohen to be a legitimate Presidential contender just before he was indicted on multiple charges of fraud and extortion. 

13 minutes ago, Docker said:

The reporting of Covid deaths needs some clarity. As I understand it if you have Covid when you die but have been dying of cancer for ten years the cause of death is recorded as Covid despite the fact that you probably would have died in the Covid period in any event. Of course Covid can hasten death in some cases. I suspect that deaths are down while infections are up as we are better protecting (shielding) those people with compromised health. Singapore has had 57,000 infections and 27 deaths as the infections have been limited to guest workers aged between 20-50. 

In the UK they have now settled on a 30 period from catching Covid. I agree that those with comorbidities are better protected now. OAP’s in the UK were chucked under the bus first time around.

Somehow this all kind of relates to the book i'm reading - Malcolm Gladwell "Talking to Strangers". He puts forward the idea that we all have a very generous "truth default". For example Harry Markopolos, an investigator, warned everyone and anyone in the USA that Bernie Madoff was a crook........10 years before he got found out!! People simply thought Madoff was legit and very clever.

Another example he uses is Ana Montes - the Cuban spy who worked for 20 years in US Intelligence.

31 minutes ago, J1M1 said:

And then we have social media madness to add to the fray.... 

In the mtns between Clarens and Fouriesburg for the week, not worried about any news right now lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mata Hari said:

In the mtns between Clarens and Fouriesburg for the week, not worried about any news right now lol

You're a lucky lady!!

as Mr Hendrix sang......Fall mountain..........just don't fall on me :joint:

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, J1M1 said:

Somehow this all kind of relates to the book i'm reading - Malcolm Gladwell "Talking to Strangers". He puts forward the idea that we all have a very generous "truth default". For example Harry Markopolos, an investigator, warned everyone and anyone in the USA that Bernie Madoff was a crook........10 years before he got found out!! People simply thought Madoff was legit and very clever.

Another example he uses is Ana Montes - the Cuban spy who worked for 20 years in US Intelligence.

Is Markopolos the guy who twigged to fact that Madoff had similar annual returns year on year despite the underlying market conditions. 

That was a hell of a Ponzi scheme. People never learn that you can't consistently out perform the market and if you somehow can you keep it to yourself

16 hours ago, Docker said:

Is Markopolos the guy who twigged to fact that Madoff had similar annual returns year on year despite the underlying market conditions. 

It is! He ended up locking himself in his house armed to the teeth. He was convinced people, good & bad, were out to kill him..............

this might be of interest.............

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke