Sign in to follow this  
Gen

What happened to

Richard Snell after he retired from cricket??

Surely one of you guys should know.

Weird, I mean he wasn't the greatest of bowlers, but wasn't completely awful (okay sometimes he was LOL) rather easy on the eyes if I remember correctly.

strange that he just vanished

Guest DennisL

"Richard Snell after he retired from cricket??

Surely one of you guys should know. "

"He seemed to totally disappear Gen" Taipan.

Hi Gen, Happy New Year!

As do most cricketers, I'm afraid! In fact, as do most sportspeople generally. Once they leave the sport and take on different challenges (unrelated to the sport) so their new lives fill up and there is not enough time/room to have a high profile involvement in the sport.

Those who can make a new career within the sport (eg Kepler) tend to stay with it for quite a while. I mean, what on earth could Herschelle Gibbs do within the sport to earn a living?? It all depends on what skills/talents one has and if they can be applied within the sport. It also depends what opportunities arise. I did see Merryck Pringle on TV though.

Richard Snell after he retired from cricket??

Surely one of you guys should know.

Found this on Here

"When and how did you begin to plan for life after cricket, did you see it coming up on the horizon?

I studied physiotherapy while I was playing cricket. We were still in an era when you had a career (apart from cricket) so I did physiotherapy. It would be impossible to try to study anything now with the amount of cricket the guys play. I worked for a few years as a physio and then I joined the family business (Reno Industrial Africa). Physio will always be a part of me, but I enjoy what I'm doing now."

Seems like he is a Physiotherapist, selling moerse big vacuum cleaners. :36_11_6: :36_11_6:

"The RENO INDUSTRIAL AFRICA group offers its clients specialized services in the cleaning industry, to provide suitable solutions for individual Light Duty, Semi-Professional & Industrial requirements.

Providing a selected range of cleaning equipment for reputable European manufacturers, who invest large resources in Research & Development to create technologically advanced machinery that is durable, reliable and eco-compatible for the various market sectors.

Our services include, but are not limited to:

- Import and distribution of top-branded:

- Industial Vacuum Cleaners

- High Pressure Cleaners

- Scrubber Drivers

- Commercial Sweepers

- Industrial Sweepers

- Street Sweepers

- Sales & full Back-up Support for all the distributed models of cleaning machinery through officially appointed Agents.

- Provision for comprehensive After-Sales Services.

- Supply of all Spare Parts & Accessories.

- Handling of Servicing & Repairs.

- Training of Operating Personnel.

- Supply of SABS & quality grade Cleaning Chemicals."

So there you have it Gen. Get your company to develop the need for one helluva vacuum cleaner and you could meet him. laugh.gif

Guest Tas

Gen I am lucky enough to see him a couple times a year as his kids go to my kids school ... he still has the great hair!

Guest Jason

Yes, he is at Reno. Family business in Midrand.

Richard is a humble person through and through.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Goraan
    Newest Member
    Goraan