Mata Hari

Cricket news

14 hours ago, J1M1 said:

One thing i do know - CSA is BROKE!!!

It shouldn't be - it is a monopoly business so there is no one else to blame.

There are two tiers of FC cricket in SA. The  Unions have their own FC completion so this will need less players. 

However the standard will drop. Personally I would have retained the Franchises and downgraded the Unions, but then a lot of POC cricketers would be out of work. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Docker said:

It shouldn't be - it is a monopoly business so there is no one else to blame.

It was the 20/20 fuck up

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taipan said:

It was the 20/20 fuck up

How many times have a lot of us, guys like you, me and Docker, said that 20/20 is not cricket and that it was going to kill cricket? How many times have we been told that everybody loves 20/20, that test cricket is boring, that 20/20 was bringing in bags of money, that 20/20 was bringing in new cricket supporters, that 20/20 was going to save cricket? 

All that the fuckers were doing was making the same mistake that many others have made so many times. They were trying to fix something that was not broken. 

The sad reality is that they have destroyed cricket. I cannot see how they will ever restore it to what it was, ever. 

Gone are those epic battles like the one at Wanderers when Atherton dug in and saved England from a loss or the one between SA and AUS when Dale Steyn and Duminy turned a definite loss in a win. All fucked up for some quick cash. 

Yeah, I know that it is not technically gone and cannot be repeated but who will be seeing it and who will be watching them? Only a few diehard “purists”  untill test cricket finally kicks the bucket. 

Ok, that’s my rant for the day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vlagman said:

How many times have a lot of us, guys like you, me and Docker, said that 20/20 is not cricket and that it was going to kill cricket? How many times have we been told that everybody loves 20/20, that test cricket is boring, that 20/20 was bringing in bags of money, that 20/20 was bringing in new cricket supporters, that 20/20 was going to save cricket? 

All that the fuckers were doing was making the same mistake that many others have made so many times. They were trying to fix something that was not broken. 

The sad reality is that they have destroyed cricket. I cannot see how they will ever restore it to what it was, ever. 

Gone are those epic battles like the one at Wanderers when Atherton dug in and saved England from a loss or the one between SA and AUS when Dale Steyn and Duminy turned a definite loss in a win. All fucked up for some quick cash. 

Yeah, I know that it is not technically gone and cannot be repeated but who will be seeing it and who will be watching them? Only a few diehard “purists”  untill test cricket finally kicks the bucket. 

Ok, that’s my rant for the day. 

The Big Bash is providing most of the revenue here at the moment. That said CA have got too clever and have tried to elongate it past the holiday period but the punters have switched off in droves and for the first time in about five years the tournament has gone backwards and may have well topped out.

I think the sugar hit of T20 will wear off in time and the broadcasters won't again pony up the sort of the money the last round of domestic T20 rights achieved.

Test cricket is in reasonable shape here but with the exception of England and occasionally India is appears to be only friends and family fronting up in the rest of the cricketing world on game day.  

• Like 1

So the idiot Jennings says Miller shouldn't be in the WC squad.

2 hours ago, taipan said:

Sometimes i wonder about old players...............

9 hours ago, J1M1 said:

Sometimes i wonder about old players...............

I don't. I think he played with Rice for too long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taipan said:

I don't. I think he played with Rice for too long.

He played with all of them too long!

Now he just plays with himself.....................

On 4/16/2019 at 2:06 PM, taipan said:

My recollection is that Miller is bit of tease (think G Maxwell) but when he clicks he is a matchwinner

Miller has reasonable stats given he rarely has time to play himself in

• Like 1

9 hours ago, taipan said:

He is the best we have in that mold ATM. Kuiper in his prime would have been better, but we are 30 years too late for that. Did Jet, in his great wisdom, offer any alternatives? I like Ray, but he is a bit too much of a hothead at times.

19 hours ago, taipan said:

The lad can certainly clear the ropes in the later overs

Will they or won't they pick Markram.......?

There is supposed to be no quota, but I have heard rumblings....

No Reeza, no Chris Morrris.........but hey, we've got Amla & JP.........:36_11_6:

SA'S WORLD CUP SQUAD:

Faf du Plessis (captain), Hashim Amla, Quinton de Kock, JP Duminy, Aiden Markram, David Miller, Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Andile Phehlukwayo, Dwaine Pretorius, Kagiso Rabada, Tabraiz Shamsi, Dale Steyn, Imran Tahir, Rassie van der Dussen.

13 hours ago, taipan said:

Reeza is unlucky. Morris is not good enough 

Anrich Nortje?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Goraan
    Newest Member
    Goraan