Mata Hari

Cricket news

2 hours ago, taipan said:

Not really. I have never known test cricket to be weaker. Neither SA or Aus are good at the moment.NZ are an average team hiding behind a slightly better than average seam attack and 1.5 batsmen.

Yep - apart from the new chum Jamieson (who does look handy) the rest of the attack average high 20's upwards. Williamson is their only class batsman. Taylor is still getting a game at 35 despite very patchy form against better sides. No Robadas or Cummins in that lot

Apparently calling someone Shiraz or motherfucker is racist. There should be nil tolerance for racism but what constitutes racism may need defining as some gentle souls seems to struggle with banter some of which may be boorish at worst

• Like 2

Hard fought match! I was reminded about why they call it a "Test". It's that in every conceivable way.

3 days to round 4........they'll all come out fightin, if they're able to walk...... :15_8_217:

14 hours ago, J1M1 said:

Hard fought match! I was reminded about why they call it a "Test". It's that in every conceivable way.

3 days to round 4........they'll all come out fightin, if they're able to walk...... :15_8_217:

There is a lot of injuries particularly on the Indian side

Good effort by India minus Kohli, Shami, I Sharma from their best team and in match injuries to three players.

The SCG doesn't break up like it used to - they were showing footage where G Smith come out to bat with a broken hand and the pitch was a minefield with cracks all over it - the ball that M Johnson bowled to get him out jagged off a good length. G Smith is revered for that act in these parts

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Docker said:

There is a lot of injuries particularly on the Indian side

Good effort by India minus Kohli, Shami, I Sharma from their best team and in match injuries to three players.

The SCG doesn't break up like it used to - they were showing footage where G Smith come out to bat with a broken hand and the pitch was a minefield with cracks all over it - the ball that M Johnson bowled to get him out jagged off a good length. G Smith is revered for that act in these parts

And the sad part is many hate him here. The same bunch who revere Hansie and think he was a great test player.

2 minutes ago, taipan said:

And the sad part is many hate him here. The same bunch who revere Hansie and think he was a great test player.

Bizarre. By every meaningful metric Smith is a much better player/captain

• Like 1

In their narrative Cronje was set up by Bacher and took the fall to protect his team mates. No match fixing took place despite Kallis, Boucher and Klusener testified they were offered money to throw a test. He had a shit average as he always played for the team.

• Like 1

It's somehow always been part of the SA DNA that they somehow cannot/will not recognise true greatness/genius/talent. The local press media have a lot to answer for in this regard. Fact remains, Hansie was a crooked "christian" corrupt cricket captain with no real talent except to throw matches....and be the pet poodle of the local cricket media.

Hope the Aussies pull the pin on the Saffer tour - could be embarrassing after being beaten at home by India A

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Docker said:

Hope the Aussies pull the pin on the Saffer tour - could be embarrassing after being beaten at home by India A

BIG questions! Is Indian cricket so strong or is Aussie cricket in decline? 

Goodbye time for Payne?

i suspect Australia will look for any reason not to tour.........unless

34 minutes ago, J1M1 said:

Goodbye time for Payne?

Both - the Indian bench strength is impressive and may have been helped by having to bring in fresh bowlers. The Aussie bowlers were running on empty at the end. Cummins is top shelf, Hazelwood is handy but Starc probably needs a long spell (possibly permanent). The Indians were too good for Lyon. Aussie batting is very skinny - Warner looks done at 34 and Harris and Wade aren't Test quality. Smith may also be in decline and has been covering for this lot for awhile - not sure that quirky technique will last into his mid 30's (he is 31). Paine had an ordinary series - missed a number of chances in the Third & Fourth tests which proved critical.   

Is it only me who thinks that Starc lost a lot of swing one the sandpaper went?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, taipan said:

Is it only me who thinks that Starc lost a lot of swing one the sandpaper went?

There are a few in that school.

I think he needs to stick to the white ball stuff. Australia needs a swing bowler rather than three tall seamers 

• Like 1

How much longer is Lyon going to be part of the equation?

England in India early Feb. FourTests ............life is always interesting!

• Like 1

Quinnie must learn to tell the bowlers to piss off on reviews 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, taipan said:

Quinnie must learn to tell the bowlers to piss off on reviews 

Couldn't be as bad as T Paine.

Good fight back by the Pakis

• Like 1

our fielding used to be the benchmark for many teams, these days...............not!!

Quinny is no captain imho

On 1/19/2021 at 4:43 PM, J1M1 said:

Goodbye time for Payne?

Pulled the pin now on the tour.

Over here we refer to the virulent South African strain of Covid19 - the pampered princes would prefer to stay in their harbourside Sydney mansions than tour (some will go to NZ now) 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Docker said:

Over here we refer to the virulent South African strain of Covid19 - the pampered princes would prefer to stay in their harbourside Sydney mansions than tour (some will go to NZ now) 

Bunch of pussies those Aus lads are. Scared of a hiding more than Covid if you ask me 😉

1 hour ago, Docker said:

They were never doing to tour. The irony is that the infection rate is dropping so quickly that the pubs were reopened last night. 2 weeks ahead of schedule

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, taipan said:

They were never doing to tour. The irony is that the infection rate is dropping so quickly that the pubs were reopened last night. 2 weeks ahead of schedule

And we here in Perth are in the middle of a five day hard lock down following one case of community transmission (the first in ten months). Talk about nervous nellies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Docker said:

And we here in Perth are in the middle of a five day hard lock down following one case of community transmission (the first in ten months). Talk about nervous nellies.

Yeah, I saw that. Believe me you want it closed down. 5 days is simple 

8 hours ago, taipan said:

Yeah, I saw that. Believe me you want it closed down. 5 days is simple 

Should be but this virus will be around for awhile - closing down everything with limited exceptions for a few cases is not sustainable in the long run. Massive resources are being poured into contract tracing - everywhere you go you check in with QR codes so it should be a simple process of identifying close contacts and testing and isolating same when there is an outbreak - worked well in Sydney recently. Might all be different by September when we all have had the jab (assuming it works - I see the UK strain has mutated again)

Cricket Australia need to write CSA a cheque for expenses thrown away - they can afford it and have a moral obligation to support financially struggling boards - $2-3 million is chicken feed to CA. If the tour was to India I suspect all the Covid issues wouldn't get a run.

My view is that CA should go on all scheduled tours or go on none of them. This picking and choosing is not a good look. Fit males in their 20's are not at risk even from mutant strains of Covid 19 and would be forced to fully isolate for 14 days when they get back to Australia so their families are not at risk either. In the words of the immortal Chopper Read "harden the fuck up" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke