Mata Hari

Cricket news

Something's wrong with the whole picture (imho)...........can't say we didn't try - 

https://supersport.com/cricket/south-africa-v-australia-202021/news/210202_Smith_extremely_disappointed_at_Australia_scrapping_SA_tour

By the way Docks - hope you've got the fireproof underwear handy - looks bad!!

1 hour ago, J1M1 said:

Something's wrong with the whole picture (imho)...........can't say we didn't try - 

https://supersport.com/cricket/south-africa-v-australia-202021/news/210202_Smith_extremely_disappointed_at_Australia_scrapping_SA_tour

By the way Docks - hope you've got the fireproof underwear handy - looks bad!!

I think 70 odd homes have been lost now but thankfully no loss of life.

I live 3kms north of the Perth CBD so are nowhere near the fires (which are 25kms plus away) but we are getting a lot of ash from the fires in the pool etc. A friend of the family lost their house at the place called Gidgiegannup. 

People want to live in the bush with tree canopies over their houses and then wonder why they get burnt to the ground and blame everything other then commonsense for the outcome. A number of these greenie types refuse to back burn or maintain fire breaks so they have no chance when a fire comes. That said some of these fires get so hot that jumping a 100 metre fire break is not uncommon (or high winds carry burning ash)

• Thanks 1

There are none so deaf as those who won't listen to plain common sense............so it goes in this crazy world!

We all know it’s BS. England is suffering much more under Covid but none of these clowns would have turned down an Ashes tour.

11 hours ago, J1M1 said:

Industrial strength, high grade bullsit............."Philosophical differences"????

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/feud-escalates-between-australia-south-africa-over-cancelled-tour-20210209-p570sv.html

10 hours ago, taipan said:

We all know it’s BS. England is suffering much more under Covid but none of these clowns would have turned down an Ashes tour.

Ever since CSA refused to tour Australia in peak holiday season tours to SA are an afterthought for CA now. They were never going to come and it surprises me that CSA really thought they would - all the goal post moving should have been a red flag even for a shambolic organisation like CSA.

I personally think they should be forced to tour or be fined a significant amount (something like $USD5 million - the ICC can deduct it from future distributions). The arguments that players like Steve Smith hasn't seen his wife in person since August 2020 (the ODI tour to England) until after the India test series has finished is flawed - the wife can join the bubble or Smith can opt out of things like the IPL - he certainly doesn't need the money. Unless the ICC stomps on the big three this shit will keep happening - of course they won't because the ICC is a plaything for the BCCI and CA and the ECB are their bosom buddies. The other nations need to get together and refuse to tour the big three and more importantly refuse to release their players for T20 leagues (of course the players will be pissed) - I think the big 3 will fold pretty quickly.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Docker said:

IPL owners are clueless. Good luck to Morris et al getting massive overs

somehow this feels like modern day slavery...........

On 2/19/2021 at 5:40 PM, J1M1 said:

Sign me for six weeks of slavery for $USD 2.5 million. 

• Haha 2

On 2/19/2021 at 11:40 AM, J1M1 said:

I will build a statue to it.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, taipan said:

I will build a statue to it.

we could buy a BIG bell...........

Not sure two day Tests are a good way to promote Test cricket. That said always happy to see the Poms lose (even to Indians).

The Indians will be playing on absolute greentops in the return series mid year so enjoy it while it lasts  

It's going to be very interesting to see/hear what the UK press are going to say about their "world beating" team............fact is, both teams actually played on the same pitch.

Root as a bowler, 5 for 8..............now there's a stat to consider!

29 minutes ago, J1M1 said:

It's going to be very interesting to see/hear what the UK press are going to say about their "world beating" team............fact is, both teams actually played on the same pitch.

Root as a bowler, 5 for 8..............now there's a stat to consider!

Yep - they have already penciled in collecting the Ashes in 12 months time

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Docker said:

Yep - they have already penciled in collecting the Ashes in 12 months time

I don't remember from years ago, but it seems like England have become sore losers...........2019 rugby world cup - they're still whining. This Test will be the same (imho). It's pitiful when a country can't take a sound thrashing. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke