Guest Blue

KEVIN GIVES THE FACTS

Wtf has that got to do with Malema.

I suggest again that you read up on the early days of professional tennis. I am getting tired of people you profess to be fans and then cannot be bothered to read up on the history.

This is s good one to start with

http://www.amazon.co...48040257&sr=1-6

P.S. was it just last week you were totally wrong about Sandra Reynolds?

Thanks will go read it. I'm sure Mr Evans same one wrote a Bio for Marcell Coetzee that I have at home in late 80's and he was pretty good...so I'll go Amazon it soon...

Thanks will go read it. I'm sure Mr Evans same one wrote a Bio for Marcell Coetzee that I have at home in late 80's and he was pretty good...so I'll go Amazon it soon...

Same guy. Also did one on Nastase. Doesn't look like its on ebook. Luckily I have it in my reference library.

Edited by taipan

Davis Cup is a pissie tournament anyway. I wouldn't bother either! And for him to cover his own costs!! They must be bloody joking!

Give them the finger Kevin!

TSA = Totally Shitty Arseholes !

I agree. The Davis Cup had value at one time but the top players often opt out of it these days leaving the B graders to slug it out.

Guest Blue

Thanks Blue, I cannot debate yay or nay with you re the matter, my info is very limited. I just wonder if Kevin Curran et al had it easier financially (really yes, around what? 1986 our rand was surely in it's moer in at that time) - did he and other top SA tennis players have their own physio etc etc? And from my side I'm not arguing with you I'm trying to find the info to justify Mr Anderson's take, cos now he has surely started the wheel downwards for youngsters to not play Tennis for SA, and that concerns me.

You will probably get more info reading up about BEE....

I agree. The Davis Cup had value at one time but the top players often opt out of it these days leaving the B graders to slug it out.

Perhaps that is what comes of it when players go for the money version....?? By this I mean more tournos played so by the time Davis Cup comes around, they suddenly need a break/rest etc etc. BUT I am not the expert here, but I have admired those that played DAvis Cup because they HAD to give up something and in the older days it was also tournament title and money IIRC they had to give up.... I'm not sure if Borg supported Davis Cup? I remember there was a top guy who didn't, but the other ones would certainly offer themselves up for their country, Wilander and Edberg, even Lendl and IIRC Mac was always there incl doubles...he was usually very pro Davis Cup IIRC and used to counter whomever used it in the 80's even as a "we don't have time excuse"...IIRC now...

These days? I think you can count the number of ties Jimmy Connors played on the fingers of one hand. In contrast Johnny Mac always wanted to play.

Perhaps that is what comes of it when players go for the money version....?? By this I mean more tournos played so by the time Davis Cup comes around, they suddenly need a break/rest etc etc. BUT I am not the expert here, but I have admired those that played DAvis Cup because they HAD to give up something and in the older days it was also tournament title and money IIRC they had to give up.... I'm not sure if Borg supported Davis Cup? I remember there was a top guy who didn't, but the other ones would certainly offer themselves up for their country, Wilander and Edberg, even Lendl and IIRC Mac was always there incl doubles...he was usually very pro Davis Cup IIRC and used to counter whomever used it in the 80's even as a "we don't have time excuse"...IIRC now...

How much do the golfers get for the Ryder Cup?

Guest Blue

Millions $ or £...But that's from the numerous sponsors. In other countries like Spain, USA their Davis Cup teams have their top Players involved because of the Sponsors. The top Tennis players earn more from sponsorship than from prize money. No respectable Sponsor would get involved with TSA as it is run these days.

Millions $ or £...But that's from the numerous sponsors. In other countries like Spain, USA their Davis Cup teams have their top Players involved because of the Sponsors. The top Tennis players earn more from sponsorship than from prize money. No respectable Sponsor would get involved with TSA as it is run these days.

When is the last time the Williams brothers played in the Fed Cup (I don't know but I note that you are a self declared tennis oracle and would be a font of information on this topic)

These days? I think you can count the number of ties Jimmy Connors played on the fingers of one hand. In contrast Johnny Mac always wanted to play.

I think Courier might have always fronted but from memory Sampras, Agassi and Roddick were pretty much part time.

When is the last time the Williams brothers played in the Fed Cup (I don't know but I note that you are a self declared tennis oracle and would be a font of information on this topic)

Despite my dislike for them, I think they have done their fair share in the Fed Cup.

Edited by taipan

Despite my dislike for them, I think they have done their fair share in the Fed Cup.

They don't play much overall but they do play the ones that count and win more than their fair share. If they have made the effort for the Fed Cup then hats off.

They don't play much overall but they do play the ones that count and win more than their fair share. If they have made the effort for the Fed Cup then hats off.

A quick google tell me that they were playing FC as long ago as 1999 and still played this year.

Guest Courtois

Docker the Williams lot miss most of the year. Only interested in the Grand Slams, which are not WTA controlled events. Neither is the Federation Cup.

Isner their highest ranked player certainly did play Davis Cup.

Nadal and Ferrer play for Spain. Federer and Wawrinka play for Switzerland, Berdych plays for the Cechs as does their No.2. Novak plays for Serbia.

These are far better examples to use.

Guest Christina

Hookup Ladies Uses Free of charge Affairs? An Incredible Horizontal Gain!

Free hookup ladies Find Out More on the internet is the best solution if you're sick
and tired of likely to cafes and groups merely to be ignored,
or perhaps worse, laughed at. I am aware what it's like because I've been there.
I had been one and distressed in the day -- I essential a fresh partner -- having said that i
kept on trying because I needed not one other option. If you're an individual person who wants to hookup with hot
ladies without planning to those spots where ladies are by yourself, this report may just
alter your lifestyle. It is going to explain why courting on the web is the best option if you're a male who may be shy to strategy a lovely lady in a club or club.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke