Guest Viva Alonso

News from around the web

One wonders when you see such pronouncements whether they will come to something or not. Is it a good thing that MacLaren are talking to Apple?

It always is of concern when people who do not fully understand a sport become interfering busy body's. 

F1 is going through changes whether it likes it or not. The new owners will want the proverbial lb of flesh and why should "the great train robber" care!

https://www.ft.com/content/523422ba-7ffd-11e6-8e50-8ec15fb462f4

I find this new conversation of interest because Honda have been dragging their sorry asses in getting this once proud team back onto the front row and the podium. 

If this happens, I would love to see the back of Ron Dennis - surly Richard Head.

http://www.wheels24.co.za/FormulaOne/michael-schumacher-racks-up-r230-million-medical-bill-20161230

Cape Town - On December 29 2013, the world was stunned by the news of German racing driver Michael Schumacher's skiing accident in the Switzerland.

The world's most well known Formula 1 driver was placed in a medically-induced coma despite wearing a helmet during the incident.

15-member medical team

Three years on, details of the the seven-time Formula 1 champion's R230-million medical bill has emerged, according to the Daily Mail. 

The 47-year-old is currently recovering at the family home in Geneva, Switzerland with the 15 member medical staff costing close to R2-million a week, the Sun reported. 

The German, best known for winning five F1 titles with Ferrari, was reported to be worth more than R8-billion at the time of his skiing accident. 

Earlier in December, Schumacher's manager Sabine Kehm said: "Michael's health is not a public issue so we will not comment on it, just because we need to protect the privacy of Michael as much as possible." 

I do not believe anything that comes out about Michael.

They do not drip feed any info and I guess they sign air tight contracts protecting any info. If no one is sure on his health I seriously doubt they have any idea on his ongoing expenses.

I do wish that someone will shed some truth from within the Schumacher camp for the fans.

3 hours ago, WeDaFaKaWe said:

So watching F1 is also out the window.

Nope. I think you’re wrong. First GP is this weekend in Austria. In fact, it’s back to back in Austria again next weekend. Then off to Hungary the next weekend. Then a weekend of, followed by two back to backs at Silverstone. 

Then a week off again before Spain on 16 Aug, Belgium on 30 Aug, Italy on 6 Sept. 

That is as far as the F1 app goes. I suppose they haven’t finalised the rest of the Calender. 

It was a bit of TIC about MB's  decision about their colour scheme and the reason for it.

I can't support the team for that. MB is the main reason why I watch F1.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WeDaFaKaWe said:

It was a bit of TIC about MB's  decision about their colour scheme and the reason for it.

LOL I did click when I read your post 😉 Hope all good in NAm? Friend from high school (who lives /works in Windhoek last 20 years+ I guess) been stuck in SA since March. Poor girl has had a bad time of it. Came to help her mom, she died in her arms, looking after her dad, he ended up falling breaking his hip now she's nursing him...just been really bad time  and her kids all up in Nam 😞

4 hours ago, WeDaFaKaWe said:

It is total and utter political BS.

6 hours ago, WeDaFaKaWe said:

Of course. You got me. I was surprised that you “didn’t know” they were going to be racing. Facepalm.  

Max is simply much better than anyone else...oh, to see him in a better car...but Honda is steadily improving...watch this space...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TheDuke
    Newest Member
    TheDuke